Reptile Safe Air Freshener

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Gormagon":19cplysj said:
I have two dragons, a turtle and an aquarium all in the same room. I find that if you spot clean every time a "gift" is left for you, and completely sanitize the floor once a week, odors are not an issue.
I spot clean and sanitize with F10SC. I have never had issues with odors.

I do the same , lizard smells are not an issue.

I only use F10sc on the floor / carpet if one of the dragons or skinks has an accident when out. On top of it right away.

Ruffus34

Does a special air purifier for pets work in this case?
I'd like to purchase one and I'm choosing between Winix and MOOKA. I never thought they could be harmful for reptiles, I believe they make only better conditions for them? Also, I believe air purifiers are absolutely safe for reptiles, because they don't spray anything.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
We have a Winix and we're pretty happy with it, but not sure what it would do with serious odors. We also do our best to clean up beardie poop as soon as it happens, so I don't really know what the Winix would do with the aroma of rotten eggs + ammonia that you get if you leave the stuff laying around.

I would also be worried about using air fresheners that spray anything around reptiles or even humans as well -- some people might be allergic to the stuff.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
PS -- Fresh bearded dragon poop has been known to make me think I have a gas leak, until I notice what's in the terrarium. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom