Reptile Safe Air Freshener

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Re: Reptile Safe Air Freshener

Postby kingofnobbys » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:50 pm

Gormagon wrote:I have two dragons, a turtle and an aquarium all in the same room. I find that if you spot clean every time a "gift" is left for you, and completely sanitize the floor once a week, odors are not an issue.
I spot clean and sanitize with F10SC. I have never had issues with odors.

I do the same , lizard smells are not an issue.

I only use F10sc on the floor / carpet if one of the dragons or skinks has an accident when out. On top of it right away.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : , Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Gutzy (F) rescued 27Sep19 - RIP 3Aug20 (est 12 yo), Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Ruffus34 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:30 pm

Does a special air purifier for pets work in this case?
I'd like to purchase one and I'm choosing between Winix and MOOKA. I never thought they could be harmful for reptiles, I believe they make only better conditions for them? Also, I believe air purifiers are absolutely safe for reptiles, because they don't spray anything.
Ruffus34
Newbie Poster

Postby SHBailey » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:58 am

We have a Winix and we're pretty happy with it, but not sure what it would do with serious odors. We also do our best to clean up beardie poop as soon as it happens, so I don't really know what the Winix would do with the aroma of rotten eggs + ammonia that you get if you leave the stuff laying around.

I would also be worried about using air fresheners that spray anything around reptiles or even humans as well -- some people might be allergic to the stuff.
SHBailey
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby SHBailey » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:05 am

PS -- Fresh bearded dragon poop has been known to make me think I have a gas leak, until I notice what's in the terrarium. :mrgreen:
SHBailey
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to General Discussion