Weird behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red12

New Beardie owner here. I’ve had Ramone for about a month and a half now and he’s been doing really well, eating great (dubias and crickets) and likes attention. As of 2 days ago, his eating slowed down and now is stopped entirely. He has really dark stress marks and is acting very skittish. I’m fairly sure the drop in appetite is due to stress because I had to shift the decor around in his enclosure to bring the temperature down a little bit on his basking spot and he is beginning to shed. Nevertheless, I’m still a little paranoid about him being sick. I was wondering what your thoughts are and if anyone could give me some advice regarding if/when I should consider seeing a vet?
Thanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How old is Romans? Odd that he just quit eating-- moving his decor might have effected him but to quit eating-- what are you using for his lighting? Uvb brand and bulb where in the tank is it and is it a coil or tube? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? No stickons- they are inaccurate--
Karrie

Red12

Original Poster
So I actually was on the introductions page last week and you went over my setup with me (thanks btw:)). I’ll put a link to that conversation cause it has my whole setup in it.
https://www.beardeddragon.org/forum... his mouth at me when I come toward the tank.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sounds like he's still going thru relocation stress - blaze was terrible for months after we got him running from us trying to bite hissing etc-- just work w/ him try hand feeding him - put a piece of cloth in his hide or blanket something w/ your smell on it--- you will need to build his trust up and putting your hands in his tank as much as you can hand feeding is a good way worms or greens-- patience - moving his decor around is stressful to them they don't like change- they all glass surf for different reasons- as long as your lighting and basking temps are good I wouldn't worry too much about that---- he's probably curious
Karrie

WinFam01

Juvie Member
Hm, that is odd that it was all of a sudden like that. I wonder if he's getting ready to do a big shed and is just grumpy due to that?

Red12

Original Poster
Update. His head shed completely and, as of yesterday, he is back to eating normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom