Outdoors for Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
I'd like to take Figment outside for some natural sun basking, and am considering a leash/ harness for him... or something to make our excursions safer. I can't afford to build or buy a screen enclosure for him at the moment... saving towards a Zen enclosure and considering upgrading his UV to a T5... so here are my questions:

1) If you use a leash/harness, what sort did you get, and how hard was it to get your Beardie used to it?

2) As an alternative, would a largish storage container with a towel in the bottom do for outings? No lid, of course, and I'd be right there to keep potential predators away.

3) Direct sunlight, or shade - or cover part of the bin with another towel to create a shaded retreat?

Basically... what's the safest way to allow Figment the benefits of natural sunshine?

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
I use a hip harness, they are the safest option. Oh, and don't ever leave your beardie unattended outside, they run off if you do this.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
loljelloclowdz":3botg960 said:
I use a hip harness, they are the safest option. Oh, and don't ever leave your beardie unattended outside, they run off if you do this.

I’d never think of leaving my boy unattended- too many potential predators in my area! Hawks, cats, raccoons, coyotes... So no worries, but thanks for the warning. :)

What’s a “hip harness?”

WinFam01

Juvie Member
We recently got a leash from lizardlovers on Etsy, and it took about 4 times or so to get her used to it. She doesn't seem to love it, but then she doesn't seem to love much of anything except food, lol.
I picked this over one of the completely Paracord ones as it just looked safer/more comfy.
It has a carribeaner clip on the end to secure it to a belt loop if you wish.
108070-4222583901.jpg

WinFam01

Juvie Member
Sure!
I do still also want to know what a hip harness is! I only know what they are as pertains to babies! ?

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
ComicBookMama":y56itmrt said:
loljelloclowdz":y56itmrt said:

I’d never think of leaving my boy unattended- too many potential predators in my area! Hawks, cats, raccoons, coyotes... So no worries, but thanks for the warning. :)

What’s a “hip harness?”

full

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
loljelloclowdz":38184i53 said:
ComicBookMama":38184i53 said:
loljelloclowdz":38184i53 said:

What’s a “hip harness?”

full

Okay... never seen one like that before, but now it makes sense. Hip harness. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom