pls help refuses food

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really don’t know what i should do rex absolutely refuses to eat his crickets he doesn’t chase them or anything very occasionally he’ll eat one that’s crawling next to him but that’s it and that’s only sometimes he’ll eat one or two of the dead ones i leave in there near his fruits bc i want him to at least eat some protein but i don’t know what to do he’s active runs around his lights are good heatings good he has at least a 20 gallon tank i’m not sure the exact size i talk to him pet him and have given him a bath all he’s okay with but the bath lol any advice would be helpful

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How long have you had Rex? Relocation stress is common and his eating will slow but should not quit all together --- hes in a 20 gallon tank tell me what your using for lighting --- UVB and his basking temps what are they and how are you taking them ? NO stick ons -- they should be 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- are you feeding salads as well ? -- the lighting in the tank is crucial to the over all health and behavior --- post pics of the tank and lighting please
you are going to need to upgrade that 20 gallon real soon he will not be in it long -- I would start looking for a bigger tank 40 is the minimum I would look for a 75-120 gallon w/ front doors -
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of he message box then click on the pic it should post
It is possible he doesnt like crickets but we need to see if the lighting is playing a factor in the not eating first
Karrie

ciaramcmullen

Original Poster
108671-7508645057.jpg
this is his lighting and set up at the moment the papertowel has tiny cut up fruit on it which he’ll only take if i hand feed it to him he’s basking side says 105 and cool side on the 80 he moves around and he’s active but he just won’t chase or eat the crickets or even tong eat them but he tried to chase an ant that was on my wall outside his tank so maybe he really just doesn’t like them i’ve had rex for a little over a week now

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is in the domes? I need to know what your using for a UVB--- brand and bulb coil? You need to get more basking decor in the tank for him --- and the hammock needs to be fixed or taken out -- salads need to be offered every day http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder -- I would lay off the baths unless hes drinking from the bath its also going to cause stress--- you can give him water by dropping it on his nose to see if he will drink or spray him -- please answer the questions about the UVB and we can go from there --- basking temps need to be taken from the spot hes sitting --- from where its at now your getting ambient temps-- place the probe on the spot he sits for basking 10 minutes then look to see what it is
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom