Female dragon always looks like trying to poop, tail swollen

Status
Not open for further replies.
My female bearded dragon looks like she’s always trying to go to the bathroom but nothing comes out. Her private area seems swollen and her tail seems thicker than normal. She’s eating but not as much as normal and still likes to walk around and move to and fro from heat lamp. I’ve had her for 8 years and have never noticed this.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post pics if her and tail area- it sounds like she's impacted but we need to see her- what substrate is she on? What UVB are you using- ? Brand and bulb coil or tube? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them ? What are you feeding her? Go to the top of page click on user image uploader and then click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the picture it should post
Karrie

Myoldbeardeddragon

Original Poster
I put her in a sand mix with soil often for the past month. She usually starts digging right away. Not this time. Her stomach is soft, no lumps or bumps. I give her baths once a week. She has different levels in her habitat so she can move closer or further from heat. The light is a heat light and UV in one. She’s running around on lanai right now having a blast! No black beard. She eats mostly greens but loves blueberries and other fruits. She is pooping at least twice a week. Poop looks normal for her.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so ahbd or Tracie is gonna haft to look - they will know what to look for-
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How long has her vent area been swollen like that, quite awhile?
She has actually laid eggs before, when was the last time she laid some eggs?
It is possible she has eggs but is having trouble. I'm glad to hear her beard isn't black right
now but I would watch her pretty closely.
Keep a laybox around for her in case she does need that. If she starts to have more trouble,
I would recommend getting her in for an x-ray. The vent area shouldn't be swollen like that.
l hope she will be ok, but let us know how things are going!

Tracie

Myoldbeardeddragon

Original Poster
Thank you! She is 9 years old. She started laying eggs 3 years ago with about 20-40 eggs in a clutch. She’s laid eggs about 10-12 times in the last 3 years. Never had a problem. She’s even laid them by a pot on lanai before. Sweetest little girl. She even has me trained! She scratches to get out of her cage to go on lanai. Does a few laps and scratches sliding door to come back in? I have her in a laying box now. I’m going to leave her there for a bit and keep an eye on her. Thank you for your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom