Vomiting and gravid beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lildoe95

Okay so I have a bearded dragon named Sandy. She is 10 years old. After brumating this past winter it took her about a month to start eating again. After a few weeks she stopped eating. She was acting like she was gravid so I made her a lay box and she has laid 2 eggs in the past month. I had to start syringe feeding her reptiboost and putting liquid calcium in it too so she is still getting nutrients and is able to lay more eggs. She isn't trying to push any more eggs out nor has she for 3 weeks. I noticed last week she kept opening her mouth and flicking her tongue and closing it over and over again. It's not the same way she regulates heat. She also puked up her reptiboost tonight and I don't know what to do to help her or what's wrong with her for that matter. And she has diarrhea probably from only eating reptiboost. Has this ever happened to anyone before?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor girl, it sounds like she could be having some trouble laying possibly but it's hard to
know for sure. At 10, most don't lay too much eggs, if any at all.
We can review your tank setup to be sure everything is good for her. Which UVB light are
you using for her & how old is it?
How is her weight, is it stable or is she losing weight?
Some pictures would be great, if you can post some of her with her tank setup, thanks.
For now, since she isn't feeling well, try to keep her a little warmer overnight between 75-
80 to boost her system.
You can try getting some probiotics for her in case her tummy is upset a little bit.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom