Plywood for a Enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sydgehl16

hey y’all, so basically i’m wanting to build a 4x2x2 enclosure for Nubs and i was thinking i would use plywood for it, but i wasn’t sure how to make it safe? like do i use sealants and paints or what? i could use melamine but i’d prefer plywood as it’s sturdier and better in general. anyone have any answers at all regarding my plywood dilemma?

I think that would be fine. I am thinking of plywood for my savannah monitor enclosure, so I think it won't be a problem unless you turn it into an aquarium. :lol:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, plywood is fine, no problem. If you are planning on staining & finishing it, be sure
to let it off gas & dry thoroughly before using it for your dragon. Are you planning on making
it with an open screen/mesh top to place the lights on top?
Go ahead & post pictures of your project, as you are working on it, in phases, etc. We all love
to see pictures!

Tracie

EvanBarker

i built my enclosure out of plywood and used laminate wood board to cover the plywood for easy cleaning but i saw that it couldn't keep humidity good.

i no longer use it anymore i built a snake rack which personaly i think is better. By the way it's better to buy quality goods, for example here sheetmaterialswholesale.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom