How to get beardie to eat salad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie is (we’re guessing) about 5-6 years old, around that age, she’s fully grown, but she’s had past health issues, she loves eating bugs but we don’t know how to get her to eat any veggies. I received her from a friend who couldn’t take care of her and whoever had her before her had left her in the tank for two months with no food. She eats bugs just fine and I’ve tried every trick in the book that I could find, making her a salad and putting bugs ontop (she completely avoids the veggies) and she’ll very rarely eat the food pellets you can give them though I don’t think those provide much for her either. I did force feed in a once urgent time when we first got her and her health was really low, but it causes her stress so I never do that. She will not eat veggies when they’re supposed to be most of her diet and I don’t know what to do :( any help would be appreciated!! ♥️♥️

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
They say to lay off the bugs and serve only veggies for a few days -- if shes at a good weight I would try that-- I know people hate to do that but she really needs to eat some--- a all protein diet is not healthy-- have you tried hand feeding her veggies maybe w/a piece of collard green wrapped around a worm--- even if she ate a little would be better than none --- how often are you feeding bugs? She should only get them 2-3 times per week now --- that is why I really stress new dragon owners w/ babies to start them right then --- by the time they are a year old or older they wont eat them -- also offer different greens who knows you may find one she likes --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom