New baby beardie picky

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Does it look like he's losing weight? How many times per day are you feeding him? It may just take a while before he picks up on his eating-- just keep offering him food and go from there-- as long as he keeps eating basking and pooping and keep him hydrated- I recommend no baths less stress but by putting water on his nose or spray / mist him see if he will lick water off his nose- rinsing his salads before serving will keep him hydrated when he starts eating them-- the worms are gonna help w/ that
Karrie

Roseandbaum

Original Poster
KarrieRee":23oupbt7 said:
Does it look like he's losing weight? How many times per day are you feeding him? It may just take a while before he picks up on his eating-- just keep offering him food and go from there-- as long as he keeps eating basking and pooping and keep him hydrated- I recommend no baths less stress but by putting water on his nose or spray / mist him see if he will lick water off his nose- rinsing his salads before serving will keep him hydrated when he starts eating them-- the worms are gonna help w/ that
Karrie

I will weigh him tonight, I’m not sure if he’s losing weight.

Thank you for all of your help! He is still active and bright eyed at least

Roseandbaum

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2nkk81ix said:
Karrie

Should I wait to switch him to bigger cage when it gets here until he’s more settled?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Nope it isn't gonna matters- he's going to thru relocation stress anyways- the sooner you get him moved and settled in he will adjust just make sure you use his same decor pieces and add new ones in at the sametime if you have new ones-
Karrie

WinFam01

Juvie Member
I'm guessing the little cutie is around 6ish weeks, but I'm a newbie (who also has a PetSmart baby).

It sounds like you are doing great, you did your research and are set up for growing a healthy dragon!
Our baby ate like that in the beginning and now she eats like a horse, lol. We offered greens/veggies by hand several times a day and slowly but surely she ate them more. Now at around 6 months she will look in her bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom