Droopy bump in neck?

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Droopy bump in neck?

Postby Krikula22 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:26 pm

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]


Hi there!
My beardie, Cthulhu, is about 5-6 years old, I just noticed today this kinda droopy roundish thing in the middle of his neck. It’s soft and doesn’t feel to have anything in it, feels just like skin. It doesn’t bother him when I touch and poke at it, has anyone else’s experience this? Is it a cause for concern ?
Otherwise he is acting, eating & drinking normally. Same energy level. No change in behaviour
Thank you!
Krikula22
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:14 pm
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Droopy bump in neck?

Postby KarrieRee » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:21 pm

He could be storing food there-- I have heard they do that- what are you feeding him?
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict
 
Posts: 8748
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Droopy bump in neck?

Postby Krikula22 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:37 pm

KarrieRee wrote:He could be storing food there-- I have heard they do that- what are you feeding him?
Karrie


His main diet is a variety of salad & super worms, he gets horned worms as a treat once a month
Krikula22
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:14 pm

Re: Droopy bump in neck?

Postby KarrieRee » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:45 pm

Ok superworms are not a good staple worm - I would look into getting him some dubia roaches or silk worms or even crickets -- I don't like crickets - silks and dubias are a really good staple feeder--- I am gonna have Tracie our vet mod take a look at him and see what she thinks
and ahbd she is very knowledgeable as well - Tracie is on at night
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict
 
Posts: 8748
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Droopy bump in neck?

Postby Krikula22 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:57 pm

KarrieRee wrote:Ok superworms are not a good staple worm - I would look into getting him some dubia roaches or silk worms or even crickets -- I don't like crickets - silks and dubias are a really good staple feeder--- I am gonna have Tracie our vet mod take a look at him and see what she thinks
and ahbd she is very knowledgeable as well - Tracie is on at night
Karrie


Okay thank you very much, I will change his diet!
Krikula22
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:14 pm
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Droopy bump in neck?

Postby Drache613 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:56 am

Hello,

A good variety of insects is fine. Superworms are good as long as he gets variety. How long
has the lump been present for? Is it hard or soft to the touch?
They often store food in their throats but should go down within a few hours most of the time.
Does it seem to bother him at all?
Does he eat his greens or veggies on a normal basis?
If the swelling doesn't go down though, I would recommend getting him in to see a vet for
analysis just to be sure it isn't an abscess or some type of infection going on.

Tracie
User avatar
Drache613
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 39935
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: May, Texas

Re: Droopy bump in neck?

Postby Drache613 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:57 am

Moved by Moderator from General to Health
User avatar
Drache613
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 39935
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: May, Texas

Re: Droopy bump in neck?

Postby Krikula22 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:32 am

Drache613 wrote:Hello,

A good variety of insects is fine. Superworms are good as long as he gets variety. How long
has the lump been present for? Is it hard or soft to the touch?
They often store food in their throats but should go down within a few hours most of the time.
Does it seem to bother him at all?
Does he eat his greens or veggies on a normal basis?
If the swelling doesn't go down though, I would recommend getting him in to see a vet for
analysis just to be sure it isn't an abscess or some type of infection going on.

Tracie


I noticed it last night. It is the visual shape of a lump but when I touch/poke/pinch it, it doesn’t feel like anything is in it, feels just like a bunch of skin (I don’t know if that makes sense) wouldn’t say it’s to fatty. I checked again this morning, still there just a bit smaller. Doesn’t bother him at all when I touch it. Food, water & energy Level is still the same. No behaviour difference. He eats veggies regularly
Krikula22
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:14 pm

Re: Droopy bump in neck?

Postby Drache613 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:34 am

Hello,

Ok, great. So, it seems to be smaller today then?
I would just watch to be sure it dissipates fully. If it isn't bothering him then he should be
just fine. This is a somewhat regular occurrence & usually corrects itself more times than
not.
I'm glad to hear he is doing fine & is acting normal then. I hope it continues to reduce in
size!

Tracie
User avatar
Drache613
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 39935
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: May, Texas
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


Return to Health

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot]