typical shedding behaviour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does your beardies get a little mopey just before they shed. Ruty is my first beardie he's approx 11 months old maybe older. He has MDB which was diagnosed by his vet and is one extra liquid calcium for . He has his t5 Arcadia 12 % and his basking spot reaches 105f whit a nice gradient inbetween to his cool side. He has been eating regularly and had a nice big poop in his bath a couple of days ago. I just don't know if his mopey behaviours is because he's about to shed. (2 or his legs are smooth) or if he is having one of his bad days due to MBD which his vet said he could. Just trying not to be worry wort which my spouse blames me of sometimes lol

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
They do get crabby when going into and during shed --- your Arcadia your using is in the tank ? approx 12-15 inches from basking decor or is it on top of the tank 8-10 inches from basking decor ?
Karrie

MossUtahraptor

Original Poster
Hi Karrie it's mounted inside the tank and the highest point of is basking log is about 12 inches away he does have the option move farther way. But I think I found a bit of the problem. I found the post about the sun blaster reflectors being put in the wrong way and found out ours was. Fixed it and he went to bask for a bit after eating and looked a bit less moody and a bit perkier. I'll keep and eye on him tomorrow. Thanks for the reply!

MossUtahraptor

Original Poster
He's so much better now. I think it was the issue with the reflector. In fact he is so perky now that he decided to have a big ole pop while out and laying in a sunny spot. Thank goodness it was on the lino! Still a little bit grumpy cause of shedding but I guess that is to be expected but no more moping.
108477-9499524380.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom