Cough or stretch ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuggetsMama

Hatchling Member
My Beardy is 9 weeks old . He last finished shedding a little over a week ago when we first got him. Today we noticed him scratching his face a lot so I figured he’s ready for another but then tonight we noticed him almost cough ? My adult Beardy used to stretch his belly and beard during shed but it didn’t look like this. I tried to upload a video but I couldn’t get the image uploaded to upload it. He’s not gaping . He just blows up his belly a little a few times and then smacks his mouth and licks his lips . But sometimes it looks more like a cough or gag.

Here is a link to a YouTube video of it

https://youtu.be/He1A1kxUA34

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
They can all do a weird hiccup or cough now + then , sometimes after eating or drinking or just randomly. It's fine as long as he doesn't do it for days in a row or start breathing heavy, etc.

NuggetsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That’s what I was hoping to hear !! He’s scratching his head all over all day and was being fussy with feeding so I figured he was in shed and was ready for some strange behaviour. He’s just so tiny & delicate he’s got me on edge lol . He’s very active And bright & seems to have stopped doing whatever it was . Thank you for the peace of mind !

NuggetsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I tell him everyday how beautiful his makeup is? it looks like he has lip liner eye shadow & blush on ?

107445-8530635018.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I love those markings . :) I was just looking through old pics from 8-10 years ago and some babies that I hatched looked so similar, if I can find them I'll post one.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, it looks pretty normal. They can sure do some crazy things, as well as worry us to
death too! He should be perfectly fine. :D
He sure is a handsome boy!

Tracie

NuggetsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks Tracie !! He had me and my boyfriend sitting on the floor watching him for hours, the little bugger ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom