Baby Beardie not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinFam01

Juvie Member
Don't leave the crickets in the tank with him, as they can bite your dragon.

When ours was smaller, we put her in a separate tub to feed her. We put paper towel or newspaper on the bottom so she had something to grip, and dropped the cricket right by her. Try this 3 or 4 times a day.
When you do your calcium dusting, shake them up in a bag so they're slower when you get them out. Sometimes I thought she could see them better when they were dusted.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
KarrieRee":qmrde645 said:
Yes that's poop and urate- post a pic of it--- the smell does it make you want to leave the room smell?
Karrie

Even healthy beardie poop sends me gasping for air at my window (though I can smell a huge difference between sick poop and normal poop.)

RangosMama

Original Poster
Sometimes it smells terrible, like, stinks up my whole room terrible and other times it's like it has no smell.

RangosMama

Original Poster
WinFam01":3i0o0nd1 said:
Don't leave the crickets in the tank with him, as they can bite your dragon.

When ours was smaller, we put her in a separate tub to feed her. We put paper towel or newspaper on the bottom so she had something to grip, and dropped the cricket right by her. Try this 3 or 4 times a day.
When you do your calcium dusting, shake them up in a bag so they're slower when you get them out. Sometimes I thought she could see them better when they were dusted.

Whatever he doesn't eat I take out at night to try and avoid that. He usually stays on top of his log and I never see the crickets crawl up there. I only put about 4 or 5 in at a time.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
They will crawl out at nite and bite and they have been known to cause infection - it is best to count how many you put in and watch and see what he eats - have you been taking him out for UVB and has he eaten anything at all ? When is your UVB going to be there?
Karrie

RangosMama

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1o7jbqwx said:
They will crawl out at nite and bite and they have been known to cause infection - it is best to count how many you put in and watch and see what he eats - have you been taking him out for UVB and has he eaten anything at all ? When is your UVB going to be there?
Karrie

I put him in a tote and set him in the sun while my curtains are open. I don't trust taking him outside because my neighbor has a lot of barn cats and if he were to get lose I'd never see him again. The bulb should be here either Monday or Tuesday. I think he ate some greens, I woke up and they were moved around. So, he either jus ran over then lol or he actually took a few bites. His fecieces this morning was a normal color brown but I didnt see a white piece.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok so the window is filtered sun is really doing no good --- he will be ok for a few days w/ out but I would really try and get him out - you can keep the cats away just take a spray bottle outside w/ you and spray them -- no urate -- he may be dehydrated -- I would offer water on his nose give him a bath and see if he will drink or spray him w/ a water bottle
Karrie

RangosMama

Original Poster
KarrieRee":25i7djxv said:
ok so the window is filtered sun is really doing no good --- he will be ok for a few days w/ out but I would really try and get him out - you can keep the cats away just take a spray bottle outside w/ you and spray them -- no urate -- he may be dehydrated -- I would offer water on his nose give him a bath and see if he will drink or spray him w/ a water bottle
Karrie

Today was bath day, I soaked him for about 15 mins. I usually get him out a couple times a day and offer him water. He usually gets quite a lot to drink.

RangosMama

Original Poster
With the taking him outside part. My parents said he is not allowed outside until he's big enough for a little lead. Any idea when you think he will be big enough for one?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am not sure. - a plastic tote would work good-- closer to a year
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom