Gutloading Super Worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
1) Is it necessary/ desirable to gutload superworms?

2) How should I do this? Just toss a couple of baby carrot and a chunk of squash into the container? It’s a small cup - should I move them to a larger container first?

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Okay, found my answer. I sifted the supers out of the oat bran and dumped them into a larger container with a couple inches of oatmeal and six baby carrots for moisture. Might try tossing in a little kale to see if they’ll eat that, too. Wait 24-48 hours before feeding to Figment. Yummy treats.

WinFam01

Juvie Member
Thank you! You seem to ask questions I want answers to also. ?
DH just came home with our 1st tub of superworms, so I will do the same!

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
WinFam01":3rgwo61d said:
Thank you! You seem to ask questions I want answers to also. ?
DH just came home with our 1st tub of superworms, so I will do the same!

Great minds wonder alike! :) My supers must be eating like mad; I already have sheddings in the bin and a lovely buttery-yellow worm for Figment to nom up tonight!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Good on you for your research, you can use bran or oatmeal for bedding [ it's their food , too ] and just a few pieces of carrot. Greens can be added once or twice a week or as well as a bit of squash but with squash you have to watch out for mold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom