Veggies Cancer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
Crossposting this:

I usually quickly rinse off my veggies before making my beardie a salad but I fear that sometimes I forget or am so rushed i dont wash them thoroughly. My first beardie died of cancer a year ago, could it have been due to the salad with unwashed greens?

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1c1eav96 said:
I would not think so
Karrie

It didn't seem logical to me either but I'm ocd and my brain latched onto this fear that that was the cause.

If it was possible for,pesticides to do that, surely other symptoms or ailments would come up first, yes?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, that is usually correct. If there were pesticides involved there most likely would have
been other symptoms involved, also. I'm sorry to hear that your first dragon passed from
cancer....that seems to be manifesting as a common ailment nowadays.

Tracie

The common beardie cancer is GNT. It starts in the digestive tract and quickly spreads to the bones and or other organs. Its from mass inbreeding in the US. This same inbreeding is illegal w dogs and cats but not yet illegal w reptiles. The best early test for this is a blood glucose test as GNT produces very high blood glucose. It kills Dragons when they are approximately 2-3yrs old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom