Bearded Dragon TV while at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikehilke

Hey guys,

Pretty random question, but I just recently got a 2 year old bearded dragon. Had him for about a week, he's pretty settled in already. He absolutely loves me, but isn't very fond of my siblings yet.

Anyways, he gets some kind of seperation anxiety when I leave for work every day. He's suuppeeerrr clingy with me now. And so when I leave for work, he gives me the stink eye, and when I get back home, he'll be giving me the stink eye, and then instantly lightens back up when I pet him.

My question is this - what do you guys think about me leaving Netflix shows on for him on my tablet while I'm at work? He doesn't watch TV yet, but he hasn't been exposed to it too much yet. I think he'll enjoy it once he realizes what it is, and it might keep him distracted/entertained enough while I'm at work.

I'm trying to keep his mental health and best interest in mind. It must be extremely boring sitting in a tank all day.

Also, any popular TV or Netflix shows for bearded dragons? I was thinking SpongeBob, due to it not carrying bad energy, as well as the colors seem to be what he enjoys. (Plus I grew up in SpongeBob - it's almost a necessity for my children, human or beardy!)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They seem to react differently to TV. Some ignore it and some seem fascinated by it. Certainly worth trying out. You might want to use something that goes on a loop or is on a broadcast. Try options with different color schemes or patterns. As far as Netflix shows go, try oscar's oasis =). It's a short cartoon so the running time won't last too long though.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
All my pet skinks , dragons , and even the new hatchling G.Dudia gecko are TV addicts , they love watching TV ,and seem to have favorate TV shows and also seem to know when these are over.

Mikehilke

Original Poster
Thanks guys!

I left an animal show for him today, he was watching it before I left, and seemed to be enjoying it!

WinFam01

Juvie Member
I've heard of people putting something with their scent on it in the tank when they have a new one they're trying to get used to them - could maybe also help with separation?

williamk34

Hatchling Member
When I have to leave the house for several hours I usually have something with fish and the ocean my bearded dragons think they are fascinating they seem to be transfixed on them for a good while probably has something to do with the movement and different color. My female bearded dragon even gets upset sometimes and will have a little beardie tantrum if I turn it off too soon LOL.

Mikehilke

Original Poster
I created a MONSTER! ??

Now, he's addicted to tv. If I don't put on SpongeBob, or his new favorite horror TV show, he starts tearing up his tank and going crazy.

He's been watching too many horror shows, I think he's possessed LOL!! ??

williamk34

Hatchling Member
Mikehilke":30cpacrk said:
I created a MONSTER! ??

Now, he's addicted to tv. If I don't put on SpongeBob, or his new favorite horror TV show, he starts tearing up his tank and going crazy.

He's been watching too many horror shows, I think he's possessed LOL!! ??
personally I think it has something to do with the colors. All of mine prefer watching fish especially when there's a lot of them and there's a bunch of flashy colors or maybe they just like fish.

dmstevens

My beardie loves TV and I have some really good spiritual CDs on repeat I put on because she loves music. I play some native American music for her, Enigma, etc. Plus she loves those spiritual YouTube videos with the mesmerizing visual effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom