Eevee's fight for survival after egg infection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Shes still on her antibs..she's got 1 more dose of her metro. And 2 more of the baytril. I'm starting to worry about gout too...she's starting to get the droopy eyes I think.. she looks extra sleepy.. it's pretty cute actually bit I know that could b a bad sign of kidney issues. I haven't went back to get the blood tests yet.. I'm hoping I can make it back to the vet office tomorrow.. I need a new bag of critical care food. While I'm there. Gonna ask for copies of test n xray..but idk how he could specufically tell me her kidneys looked good. Theres no way if she has developed some kidney issues it has only happened after the tests.. I refuse to believe it wasn't already an issue.. idk.. I'm sure septicimia and ossteomyelitis along with hard antibiotics didn't help much.also..i wonder if vet will give me a few fluid injections to help with hydration/kidneys. I don't know if it's even possible for gout to show up on the skin.. but I swear she's got a few scales that r starting to look crystalized!! Like literal shiny white/clear and hard crystals!! I've been trying to get pics.. but hard to get the to show. Hopefully just a weird shed thing and nothing like the nightmare I'm imagining!! I'm proud of her.. she took a few bites of her musturd and collards today!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Evee's strange discolored scales would not be due to gout, beardies all get odd looking shed /scale patterns. Sometimes large areas and sometimes random scales here + there, it's very common. Good that she ate a few bites of greens ! And yes, she does need protein, just not too much. If she drinks in the bath that's good too. The soy yogurt and honey may help her feel better and will add good bacteria to her G.I. tract.

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm glad to hear gout doesn't affect skin.. it is really strange though . It's just individual scales here and there that look and feel like crystals.. I got myself believing she developed gout and it was just turning her whole body to stone! Lol.. she keeps having the grainy urates.. the last one had alot less white/liquidy urate.. it was more like the granules in that pic I posted formed together and wrapped around the normal white urate and suffocated it.. I really hope it's just a dehydration/too much calcium thing.. but the hard lump in her belly I can feel is worrisome. I have been running her belly in the bath.. and massaging her vent.. also have tried slightly opening her vent and squirting water towards it to stimulate it and try to get so eme water absorbed.. I can't seem to find a picture of what inside their cloaca should look like.. but just feeling right around the opening.. it's like there is something hard inside.. it's not sticking out.. and I'm not able to see anything..(mainly bc she's so painful I didn't wanna bend her tail and mess with her too much..) but it seems it's really close to the opening.. and possibly blocking her up? Idk.. I just didn't think it was normal.. got me worried her kidney could be enlarged and popping into her cloaca.. should I be able to feel something like that? On top of that feeling from her belly down.. the area between her hips right before her vent is super hard.. idk if it's her being underweight and I can just feel her pelvic bones? Wonder if it could be a urate plug?.. She isn't impacted.. I mean she has been able to go every 2-3 days.. but something doesn't seem right..
100664-2458628281.jpg
100664-2026486178.jpg
100664-5624075620.jpg
Tried to get a pic of some of the crystal scales.. there's a few on her head.. the one of her body is just one small spot.. not sure how well u can tell..

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Also got some pics of her droopy eyes.. and u can see how the color of her eyes have just bled out.. they should b bright amber colored.. it's like the life is fading from them.. not sure what the black dot on her cheek is either..so don't mind that..I guess she secretly got a tattoo! Lol. no amount of scrubbing has done a thing.. it's been there for months..
I really hope I'm wrong about the kidneys.. wish I could do more for her
100664-4656762271.jpg
100664-9586946698.jpg
100664-5292444755.jpg
100664-9102158164.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Her scales are normal, she has very pretty coloring and you are just seeing normal flecks that many beardies have. She looks a bit tired and it shows in her eyes but then she's been through a lot. Her kidney could not be protruding down in to the cloaca, you are just feeling anatomy that you wouldn't have noticed before and it's possible that you feel her pelvic area bone. You're taking good care of her, I know it's stressful to have a pet that's not well, especially when you're not sure what the problem is.

WinFam01

Juvie Member
She's so beautiful.
I know it's hard to feel helpless when they can't talk and tell us things! Hang in there.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
(I also have a female so I’m asking this so I can be alert in case there’s a genetic predisposition for what Eevee is going through) Where did you get her from?

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Eevee says thank you for the ego boost!!.. (if she wasn't self absorbed and vein enough!!..) ?? lol
I'm sorry I know I have to sound like a hypochondriac by now.. it's just I can't believe I didn't see the signs that led to all of this in the first place.. so I guess I'm overly sensitive to every little detail now.. and I'm sure her being so skinny is making everything easier to feel. So really the only thing I have to watch out for is the urates.. once they r back to normal..gotta b sure she keeps eating and using her leg more.. then hopefully she will b out of the woods!! I'm guessing I might have given a lil too much calcium after figuring out she had issues.. so I'm gonna cut back a little and hopefully that helps with the grainy dark urates.

What about her eye color? Is it normal for the color to become dull? I think she might b trying to start shedding if that makes a difference.

As far as where I got her.. unfortunately she was rescued from the worst place I could've gotten her.. my neighbor had got her daughter a beardie for her bday from PetSmart.. they had a sale when u buy a tank u get a beardie half off.. since she already had a beardie.. and knew I was an animal lover.. of course she gave me a call..after meeting her new addition..how could I say no!! I was a new beardie owner.. and the rest is history..
I spent the next month of my life researching all I could about beardies.. including the reasons why PetSmart and their suppliers r horrible.. ugh!! But I wouldn't change her for any beardie in the world!! But eventhough there are some genetic causes for what happened with her.. theres alot of things that could affect egg production/laying.. like their size.. internal abnormalities.. diet.. stress..age..really anything.. and there is no way to be certain things will or will not go smoothly with females.. which is why I should've gotten her fixed before this had the chance to happen.. out of all my research... This is what I missed... And it's what we're gonna save up for and do as soon as we make it through this mess.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is little Eevee doing tonight?
I agree, her scales look normal to me also. They do develop color or pigmentation changes
throughout their life.
The pelvic bone can usually be felt if you know what you are looking for. You are doing a great
job with her but she is bound to be tired with her ordeal so just keep doing what you are doing
& hopefully her health will continue to improve.
I think her eye color looks good. She might be getting ready to shed soon also which will cause
dullness.
There are a lot of females who never have any egg problems at all while others do. So, it is
virtually impossible to know ahead of time if they are going to have problems.

Tracie

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Haven't had a yellow or grainy urate the last 2 poops.. so that's good . But.. there has barely been any urates at all.. what does come out is just a small amount of liquid white.. and her poop is worrisome too.. it's been dark green and loose looking.. and encased in mucous! It's like it's a poop egg and the shell is clear mucus.. best way to describe it. Here's a pic..
100664-7676481879.jpg

She's looking and acting like she feels better each day.. I'm just so worried something is missing with her treatment and diagnosis.
How am I supposed to know when her septic arthritis is better? She's officially done with her antibiotics.. and like I said is better.. but her leg is still swollen.. and she's only using it at about 50%.. wondering if another round of antibiotics is needed..I'm gonna have to go back into that vet whether I like it or not

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is Eevee doing?
How much fluid daily is she getting, that might help if you try to increase that a little bit.
Does she excrete any urate or just every few times? At least it isn't grainy right now so that
is some improvement then.
How is her appetite doing?
The antibiotics can definitely affect the color & consistency of the stool so that may be what
is causing the greenish color right now. Has her beard been normal color?

Let us know how things are going!

Tracie

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She's getting quite alot of fluids.. along with her baths.. and getting at least 2mls of straight water through syringe drinks..she's also getting wet greens.. baby food.. and her cherry juice/yogurt.. there isn't much dryness going on with her diet... She's been pooping every 2 days.. each time has a small amount of urate... But not enough that I feel comfortable she isn't plugged up somewhere. Her appetite is pretty great actually she's eating greens and bugs even though she would rather have bugs.. I'm trying to keep those to a minimum. She's getting more of an attitude about syringe feeding.. but I'm keeping that up until she's back to normal even if she's eating on her own . Her beard is as bright orange as ever..hasn't had a black beard in weeks.. she is puffing/beard stretching alot.. and eye buldging.. she tried scratching at her eye last night..and I could see her third eyelid thing over her eye for a few seconds.. it's like its irritated.. hopefully it's a shed prep. Thing that's going on

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It definitely sounds like Eevee is doing quite well, considering everything she has been
through! Bless her. I'm happy to hear her beard is a nice bright color.
If she is not eating on her own it's already to continue syringe feeding for awhile longer.
She must be feeling better if she is fighting it some then.
Hopefully her head is going to shed which is why her eye is getting itchy & irritated.
Keep us posted on her!

Tracie

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Uggghhh.. I was worried about her poos recently.. and today was no different.. not so much runny.. but still covered in mucus.. and inside was nothing but undigested greens.. there wasn't one part that looked digested.. along with more grainy urates.. afterward I tried giving her a soak, but she was adamant she didn't want anything to do with the bath!!.. so I let her out, and she started running around the house..(I have been setting her up on a pillow outside her cage With her light hanging over the edge so she can come and go as she pleases while she's sick.. it's either that or watch her beg to be out all day.. can't say no to her knowing how bad she has felt.. anyway.. she started running from kitchen to livingroom.. then my worst nightmare happened!!!

she started digging in the carpet!!! I knew I could feel an egg in her belly still!! It wasnt for very long and she eventually went back to her basking spot.. but idk what to do!! Do I give her a lay box again? I know the quack vet told me not to bc that's just telling her it's ok to produce eggs..I'm pissing off nature.. etc..if she's got some more and she's ready to lay them.. shouldn't I make her a spot and hope it goes more smoothly this time?! O God I'm so worried for my girl!!

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":3bkhkq9k said:
Hello,

It definitely sounds like Eevee is doing quite well, considering everything she has been
through! Bless her. I'm happy to hear her beard is a nice bright color.
If she is not eating on her own it's already to continue syringe feeding for awhile longer.
She must be feeling better if she is fighting it some then.
Hopefully her head is going to shed which is why her eye is getting itchy & irritated.
Keep us posted on her!

Tracie
Meant to quote u in my last response so you would hopefully see it sooner.. ^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom