HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmitty

Starting to stress but don't want my son to know. So we are currently on vacation and his 5 month old beardie, Thor, is being cared for by my inlaws who are also caring for his cat. We have his lights on a timer so they are only feeding him and we have a friend popping in to take him out and get exercise. The last 2 days my mother inlaw said he isn't eating his super worms, which he generally gobbles up, and is only eating his Kale. Shes stopping over 2 times a day so I have her leaving his bowl full of salad for later snacking and I wonder if hes just snacking too much and not having an appetite for the worms. She thinks hes depressed because he misses my son. Possible? She said hes been under his rock a lot which he seems to like. Anyway we wont be home until Friday and I'm wondering if he continues to only wat his salad will he be ok?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Superworms are not a staple feeder and should only be fed as a treat or lure to salad bowl- it's great he's eating his salads tho - I would give more variety of greens like collards turnip and mustard- yellow and zucchini butternut squash cut up is good - look on the feeding board for the nutrition website- you need to get a good staple feeder like dubia roaches crickets silk worms BSFL- I recommend dubias--- better nutrition- please have them stop.w/ the super worms- if you need websites for insects and worms let me know I will post
Karrie

Schmitty

Original Poster
I usually feed him a mix of crickets, mealworms and super worms. I just left the supers for her while we are away because they are easier.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok well have her not feed for the next couple of days and please No mealworms- they are too hard on babies stomachs and they can cause impaction--- are you using a coil or tube UVB?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok first I was going to say that the kale thing on the nutrition website ignore it kale is a good staple feeder---+ next the coil is a 13watt that came w/ the tank? If so you need to replace it--- what size tank is the baby in? Coils are inadequate -- and you need to replace ASAP- if he's in a 40 gallon or bigger you need to get a 24" fixture w/ reflector- and a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb- they are one of the best on the market at this time- but this coil you will start having issues w/ his health if not already
Karrie

WinFam01

Juvie Member
I'd be more concerned of he also went off his greens, but it does sound like there are some things to address when you get home.
We're happy to help you get things optimal for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom