Tail rot? And then woke up to a hole in his tail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adventureswithnorman

Original Poster
KarrieRee":11b9o69z said:
I don't know but I do have a really good vet - few years ago I spent almost $500 on mine trying to figure out why was not eating - turns out there was nothing wrong w/ him - all kinds of test x-rays you name it he was healthy it was just him he wasn't losing weight -- one day he just started eating again - he's not a big eater-- so I just keep an eye on his weight- I will find out about a amputation tho I am gonna take mine to the vet in July for a well check---
Karrie
yes im curious

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's what I thought, everything under the scales from that point is infected and that condition could kill him if not amputated. Fortunately they don't feel much pain even in that condition . Glad that your vet knows what it is and what to do, I think the cost is about average . Sorry that you have had this shock and expense though ,but everything should [ hopefully ] turn out just fine.

WinFam01

Juvie Member
Yikes!
I am glad you were vigilant and caught it before it got to his body!
Did the vet have an idea what could have caused it? It's a little scary as a new owner to think all can seem fine and then BAM!
Best of luck to you and your guy!

adventureswithnorman

Original Poster
WinFam01":2n5bxxtv said:
Yikes!
I am glad you were vigilant and caught it before it got to his body!
Did the vet have an idea what could have caused it? It's a little scary as a new owner to think all can seem fine and then BAM!
Best of luck to you and your guy!
She didn’t really say other than possibly he didn’t shed his tail and the skin suffocated it. And I did slightly nick his tail a few months ago in the door :( so it could be either.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor dragon, having to get part of his tail amputated. Well, he will be fine, a lot of dragons
have had tail problems & had to get partial amputations. At least you caught it in time before
he had his health affected.
Hopefully he will do very well once all of this is taken care of. Keep us posted on him!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom