Salamander :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenjiBoy

My boyfriend asked me if I want him salamander :)) he will supply me with the tank and everything. He’s getting a snake, so he needs the room for that. I was thinking probably not, but I thought why not ask. Can the salamander and Benji (my dragon) have contact with eachother? Will Benji eat him??

Also, name suggestions:)?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Benji would probably eat it and it would be bad for both of them. Contact would not be beneficial for them in any way. What type of salamander is it and how long has your b.f. had it ? Be aware that they can't be handled very often at all, they're very sensitive to any chemicals on your hand and they can dry out easily.

BenjiBoy

Original Poster
I know ): my mom said no because as soon as I found out he’d give her to me that there’s no point if he just sits there. I’m not really sure what kind he is, he’s orange with red dots. My boyfriend has had him for about a year and a half.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Orange with red dots is usually a juvenile eastern newt as mentioned. They are born in the water, climb onto land and live in woodlands while they are orange. They eventually turn dark green with red dots and their tail expands wider to help them swim. They live their adult lives back in the water in ponds. Definitely not a good idea to let them go near a dragon. They are fun little guys to have around though. I had a tank of them I raised from eggs when I was a kid.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
My uni had to tell us about the dangers of putting newts in your mouth because kids are stupid enough to partake in hazing rituals. I was like "If you're an adult and you still put things in your mouth that shouldn't be in your mouth, it's just natural selection at this point." XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom