102593-1229889943.jpg
102593-4258740721.jpg
102593-2043092270.jpg
102593-2174096178.jpg
102593-5594205027.jpg
102593-7931752582.jpg
102593-6121932948.jpg
102593-6121932948.jpg
. So here is my 3rd bearded dragon I was at Petco picking up some supplies for my crew I don't usually go to the pet stores but with the mail being extra slow because of the recent stuff going on I needed to get some supplies. I saw that they had one bearded dragon of course the person who worked there had no idea what he was talking about I asked if I could quickly take it out and sex it because it was a dunner and as you can see she is a very pretty her skills are going in every random direction her eyes are so dark some of her claws are clear and the vast majority of them are dark her enclosure is a temporary setup I just wanted to go ahead and get some photos of her and show you all she will probably stay like that for a few weeks just so I know she doesn't have any parasites she is very alert very active very healthy at least from my initial impressions tell me what you think about her name I know the photos don't quite show it but she has red marks going down she has orange and she's got some very nice white patches I think she would be a very good breeder. Right now I have her in just a very simple setupI will give her the usual set up that I give all of my animals maybe in a month I'll add some new stuff to her she had a very healthy poop right before we left I guess it was a parting gift to those crazies. But listen to the crazy story that the *****s at Petco tried to tell me first I asked and I told them that you know I have a lot of experience and then the guy tried to be like oh yeah I have a license and all of that type of deal immediately disprove that he had any of the stuff that he said. I asked if I could go and quickly sex her and he wouldn't let me do it by the way he kept telling me that it was a male and he said I was going to pop her and was saying didn't outright say it but he kept using the word Poppin like I was going to pop out her cloaca to check if she was a boy or a girl act like it was a dramatic thing. the conditions that the animals were being kept in were absolutely horrible the lights were constantly flickering you can tell that they are all being tortured by it it was giving it a strobe light effect I told them they weren't being kept properly but he said they were all perfectly fine even tried to tell me it replicated their natural environment. Just how ignorant some of those people are and I had the intention of buying her as soon as I saw her I just had to save this little one. I named her Coral tell me what you think of her name. #Beardie lives matter

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome Coral! I'm so glad to hear she has found a good home with you. She will get to live a happy life now which unfortunately isn't the case for a lot of them at the box stores.

WinFam01

Juvie Member
As soon as I saw the picture I thought 'what a perfect name for her.' :)
I can see how these guys can be addictive, if we had room I bet I would be looking at getting another one!

williamk34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
WinFam01":352xkjcg said:
As soon as I saw the picture I thought 'what a perfect name for her.' :)
I can see how these guys can be addictive, if we had room I bet I would be looking at getting another one!
I know their personality is so unique I was just looking at her and it was the first name that popped in my head and I think she likes it. I now have three bearded dragons 2 ackie monitors and a secret gecko

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Nice looking beardie, fortunately she didn't suffer from the inadequate husbandry at the store and now has a great home ! Just curious though, the scale pattern does resemble a Dunner, really cool looking + spikey. However her beard scales point down which indicates a normal scaled beardie. Coral looks spiky like the non leatherback beardies that I used to get in every clutch of leatherbacks. Here are a couple of them :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29991/full

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29970/full

I'm going to look through my old pics if I have time, I had some that looked very similar in color + texture to pretty Coral. :)

williamk34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2q6hy026 said:
Nice looking beardie, fortunately she didn't suffer from the inadequate husbandry at the store and now has a great home ! Just curious though, the scale pattern does resemble a Dunner, really cool looking + spikey. However her beard scales point down which indicates a normal scaled beardie. Coral looks spiky like the non leatherback beardies that I used to get in every clutch of leatherbacks. Here are a couple of them :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29991/full

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29970/full

I'm going to look through my old pics if I have time, I had some that looked very similar in color + texture to pretty Coral. :)
I originally thought that she was a dunner whenever I saw her but since he wasn't letting me take a closer look at her after I got her home and she calmed down and I've been giving her a look over I see she's just another normal scaled dragon nothing wrong about that of course. I've noticed just like on Spike that she has some clear claws but not all of them so there might be some hypo in there might just have the odd clear claw LOL. she is still showing her stress from working but not nearly as bad she's moving around quite well and I will give her enclosure the same treatment that I give all the other ones as soon as the supplies arrived.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
What a beauty Coral is! Hope she holds on to that lovely coloration as she gets older. I’m definitely in your camp with having practically no self control- my best friend has promised to be my minder at any reptile shows I go to from now on, because she knows how much I covet a truly colorful dragon... and don’t have the space or money to set up a second hab! Coral has been rescued from a life of potential ill care... so glad she’s part of your family now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom