Strange bubble has formed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, forum. My dragon has formed a fluid-filled bubble behind his ear. The bubble isnt draining and has not ruptured. Should I be worried? I have attached photos.
J4AZP7b.jpg

Tz03QnK.jpg

j2zqsQx.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, have a vet check that out and try to determine what the source is. It may or may not be serious but it's hard to tell from the photos.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Wait, is there a blistering disease I should start panicking about? (I’m already scrubbing Mari’s cage and giving her baths immediately after she touches anything outside because I’m so anti-yellow fungus that I’m the biggest threat to any fungal spore within 200 feet of my house.)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is an odd formation indeed!
I agree, getting some of the fluid from it aspirated by a vet to culture is the best option to be
sure that it isn't filled with infection.
How long has this been there, did it just appear suddenly?
There isn't any type of blistering disease, no, just the yellow fungus though that is bad enough
of an ailment.
Is his appetite doing alright?

Tracie

cupidstoejam

Original Poster
After about a dozen phone calls to surrounding vets, i finally found one that cares for dragons. The apt is this Friday.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok good glad you found someone --- please keep us posted
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy doing?
That's great you ended up finding a vet who sees reptiles, I hope he is good then. Has the
area changed on him at all, or has it remained the same?
Let us know how the vet visit goes.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom