Nervous first timer needs setup feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you blaze is a red tranluscent/ wiblet and hiccup is a orange citrus tiger
Karrie

zampano

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Very apt indeed )

Antifa looked very much red translucent when I found her- red, pink, maybe some orange. She’s looking more blue and purple by the day though! I can only wonder what she’ll look like a year from now...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I like the blue/ purple- I hope she stays that color - it is unique
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The coloring is as unique as her name- I wanted a redleather back but the breeder I got her from didn't have any- but I did see blazes parents- the dad was the translucent and mom was the wiblet
Karrie

zampano

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
That makes sense with the orange/red shading then. A good look, looks fiery but also kinda sunflowerey )

I like the purple blue colors too, I hope they keep some. I’m really in love with this light/sky blue detail around the diamonds on her tail most of all. Have been looking at lots of purple paradox photos and it’d be neat if she started showing some of those traits when she gets older. So far I only really know how to spot translucent traits and I imagine that’s an easy identifier for beginners like me

zampano

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Hey Karrie,

I've been looking online at 24" fixture options to get for the new tank, per your suggestion, but as far as Zoo Med hoods that come with the Reptisun 10.0 I am only finding the 'high output' option available.

As far as other appropriate looking fixtures, I'm only really seeing the Zilla Slimline, like the one I have now.

Would you suggest the high output could work for the Zen-sized tank? Or would it make more sense to do what I'm doing now, get the Zilla fixture, and then swap it out for a 'normal' 10.0 24" bulb?

thanks and best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom