Sick beardie. Has "allergies"

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The raw honey is a antibacterial that will kill an infection - hold off on it till you hear from Tracie or AHBD --- I dont want to make it worse and they can help you better than I w/ the vitamin A thing and raw honey --- so the saline is doing no good ? Poor baby --- hang in there and I am hoping AHBD gets on here soon ---Tracie is on late at nite --
Karrie

Gingerofthenight

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2oemq5m3 said:
The raw honey is a antibacterial that will kill an infection - hold off on it till you hear from Tracie or AHBD --- I dont want to make it worse and they can help you better than I w/ the vitamin A thing and raw honey --- so the saline is doing no good ? Poor baby --- hang in there and I am hoping AHBD gets on here soon ---Tracie is on late at nite --
Karrie
Sailene seems to either have no effect or makes it worse sadly

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok well lets see what Tracie and AHBD recommend --- we still need pics of your set up so we can see what is going on --- tank and lighting please-- are you using a coil white basking bulb ?
Karrie

Gingerofthenight

Original Poster
KarrieRee":5yrwbo1r said:
ok well lets see what Tracie and AHBD recommend --- we still need pics of your set up so we can see what is going on --- tank and lighting please-- are you using a coil white basking bulb ?
Karrie
40 gallon with reptisun 5.0 uvb tube and exo terra. Basking bulb. He has reptile carpet and there used to be sand in there but I took it out around 3 weeks ago

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so the 5.0 UVB is where? Top of screen? Inside the tank? Is the basking bulb a coil or a regular looking bulb? The 5.0 is more for aquarium use- I would recommend getting a 10.0 bulb how long is your fixture- placement and distance plays a key role here so this important
Karrie

Gingerofthenight

Original Poster
KarrieRee":k1l3cgkw said:
Ok so the 5.0 UVB is where? Top of screen? Inside the tank? Is the basking bulb a coil or a regular looking bulb? The 5.0 is more for aquarium use- I would recommend getting a 10.0 bulb how long is your fixture- placement and distance plays a key role here so this important
Karrie
I have the uvb tied to the top of the screen from the inside and the heat lamp is a regular bulb. The uvb fixture is 18 inches

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so it's a T 8-- it needs to be 8-10 inches directly above basking decor and No cover over the bulb -it needs to be exposed-- please upgrade the 5.0 to the Reptisun 10.0 T 8- do this ASAP-- your basking temps are being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer--? They should be 95-110- a gradient heat is recommended-
Karrie

Gingerofthenight

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1tf8b6yy said:
Ok so it's a T 8-- it needs to be 8-10 inches directly above basking decor and No cover over the bulb -it needs to be exposed-- please upgrade the 5.0 to the Reptisun 10.0 T 8- do this ASAP-- your basking temps are being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer--? They should be 95-110- a gradient heat is recommended-
Karrie
Basking temp is around 105 and cool side is around 80-85. Honestly his breathing is getting really labored and i don't think he's going to make it through the night i hate to say it. If i end up getting another dragon I will switch out the bulbs with a 10.0
Thank you all for your help I will keep you updated

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok well hopefully ahbd will be on here soon- Tracie will be on here later Tonite
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so sorry that you + your beardie are going through this. :( The honey mixture may help his eye but it does sound like he's got other issues that I don't know what to tell you to help him. My heart goes out to you.

Gingerofthenight

Original Poster
AHBD":1jhfagf3 said:
I'm so sorry that you + your beardie are going through this. :( The honey mixture may help his eye but it does sound like he's got other issues that I don't know what to tell you to help him. My heart goes out to you.
Do you think I should get him put down i hate seeing him suffer and i don't think there's anything else i can do for him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The vet your going to is a good one? Take him in and see what they find as far as what's going on and prognosis - then make that decision-
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I did PM you also. I wasn't aware that he was this critical.
Remind me again, did you ever have a blood test done on him? To me, the swelling of
his eyes look like he could be having renal or heart issues, an ultrasound or blood test
would help determine that.
For now, you can dilute the honey down with warm water to thin it out & put it on his eye
lid & inside of his eyes. Has he opened his eyes at all recently? Is he keeping his beard
dark all of the time?
I would recommend not giving any antibiotics right now, especially since he may have some
renal issues going on. Have you noticed whether or not he has any swelling on the hands,
fingers, feet, etc?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom