Juvenile hasn’t pooped

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
My 10 month old has been acting a bit different the last week. He seems really tired (though he still moves around and eats fine). He hasn’t pooped in 4 days, which is unusual for him. He usually poops every other day, though I understand they aren’t always constant. He hasn’t eaten as many veggies as he used to (though he is getting older). These behaviors are all of a sudden, and I would almost expect them as he grows up, though I want to make sure this isn’t something that I’m ignoring. Is this just him getting older? He is a couple of months away from being a year old, and I know everything slows down then.
Husbandry:
40 G (moving soon to 50 G)
Tile substrate
Basking temps: around 110 F
Cooler side: 80 F
Fed BSFL twice a day, dubias often
Veggies: collard greens, mustard greens, endive, bell peppers, butternut squash

He hasn’t lost weight, so I’m not worried at the moment, but at this point, does it seem serious? I will update if anything changes. I did give him some olive oil, which should help (he’s eaten some dubias and mealworms in the last few days, so I don’t want those to stay in!). Anything else I should do or keep an eye on?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You did not mention a UVB-- do you have a UVB if so what is it brand and bulb coil or tube and where in the tank is it top of screen or inside the tank
Karrie

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1uzvnfv6 said:
You did not mention a UVB-- do you have a UVB if so what is it brand and bulb coil or tube and where in the tank is it top of screen or inside the tank
Karrie
My bad I completely forgot! I have a 10.0 t5 uvb tube on top of his mesh screen that sits about 10 inches from the nearest basking side. Still has a few months until it needs to be replaced.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It is not uncommon for them not to not poop for long periods of time --- if your concerned you can give him a nice warm bath and message his abdomen- also you can feed him some shredded raw sweet potato or unsweetened applesauce or baby prunes w/ a little olive oil -- mine has quit pooping everyday as well but if your basking temps and UVB are in good standing he will go -- I would change out your UVB about a month prior to when its due -- also I would adjust your basking temps down a little as well --- mine turned a year old this last weekend and they tend to like cooler temps as they get older -- I have a piece of decor in my tanks that offer different gradient heats for them to sit lay and stand against - in the morning they are sitting on the highest part to warm up but by afternoon they have moved to the floor of the tank and lay under the basking lights or are sitting in different spots of the decor --- look on petsmarts website they have really good decor pieces of dragons -
https://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/PetSmart/5290971 this piece is one I use and it lays different ways for the to use https://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/PetSmart/5290969 and this piece I have too- the bigger one that I posted they use the most ---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom