Sick beardie. Has "allergies"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy doing?
The Ceftz is a pretty good antibiotic. You don't think it's working very well now?
I sent you a PM also. Let me know how the chamomile tea bag treatment works for
him.
Is he eating much right now?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Gingerofthenight

Original Poster
Im kind of at a loss of what to do his eyes are so swollen he can barley open them. I tried putting the camomile on his eye for 10 minutes and it made it look less swollen for a little bit but it just went back to being swollen again

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Did you get rid of the coil basking light and get a bright white bulb? And the UVB did you replace w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 8?
Karrie

Gingerofthenight

Original Poster
KarrieRee":18h9v7mg said:
Did you get rid of the coil basking light and get a bright white bulb? And the UVB did you replace w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 8?
Karrie
Yes but i now have a bigger issue which is he pooped and suddenly prolapsed slightly. I tried to push it back in gently but it did not work and only seemed to hurt him . at this point I've accepted he's going to die I am calling around to see if I can get him put down so he can pass peacefully although i doubt I'll have the money

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am not sure PM ahbd right now and see if she can help.you- Tracie too drache613
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Do you have any betadine - if you do advance search type in prolapse on this site and it says a warm bath w/ betadine and a little sugar water might help.them retract the tissue
Karrie

Gingerofthenight

Original Poster
He is still not eating anything he's really limp and weak and barley moves. His prolapse did go back in a little bit but is still slightly out. his eye is very badly swollen. He almost seemed like he was getting better after the first few antibiotics but he suddenly got a lot worse he really dosent do much of anything but lay still in the same spot and occasionally hisses/wheezes my guess is either in pain or difficulty breathing or both. Both of his eyes are vey swollen but his left eye almost looks like it is going to pop out of his head I am considering taking him to get put down tommrrow :( is there anything I can do? There is one more antibiotic but I don't think it's having any effect at all at this point even if there was medicene that could save him i dont think I could afford it. any tips on what I should do. I dont really want to get him put down but it hurts me to see him suffering like this and im not really sure what to do

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Did you soak in the betadine ? And add sugar to the water as well but I am not sure how much the sugar will retract the tissue I am flagging this post to AHBD and Tracie --- post pics of the eyes please
Karrie

Gingerofthenight

Original Poster
KarrieRee":36pezjt7 said:
Did you soak in the betadine ? And add sugar to the water as well but I am not sure how much the sugar will retract the tissue I am flagging this post to AHBD and Tracie --- post pics of the eyes please
Karrie
101532-6163997431.jpg
he can't open his eyes anymore, would that soak possibly help his eyes?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Do you have another dragon in the tank w/ him? If so you need to separate them asap so he can get proper basking and UVB-- no the betadine will not help the eyes- you can try some saline solution - nothing for contacts- just regular saline- I am trying to understand what is causing the eye issue-- so you got the coil changed out correct? That would of been one cause- please post a pic of the whole set up
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If there is an infection going on w/ the eyes you can use some raw unpasteurized honey for him - you can mix a little warm water to make a little consistency and use a Q tip to apply -- rinse his eyes w/ saline first --- manuka honey works good but any raw unpasteurized honey will work as well I need Tracie or AHBD to look at this post again I have flagged it to them
Karrie

Gingerofthenight

Original Poster
KarrieRee":4abh5d6y said:
Do you have another dragon in the tank w/ him? If so you need to separate them asap so he can get proper basking and UVB-- no the betadine will not help the eyes- you can try some saline solution - nothing for contacts- just regular saline- I am trying to understand what is causing the eye issue-- so you got the coil changed out correct? That would of been one cause- please post a pic of the whole set up
Karrie
There is no other dragon that is a plastic toy he likes lol. I have been using saline solution on him and it does nothing I switched his uvb to the proper one a while ago. My best guess for the eye problem is a vitiman a overdose because i was giving him liquid vitimans to help his immune system and i was using eye drops with vitiman a in them I didnt know that it is really easy to give them too much vitiman A with those vitimans. I have stopped using both as well

Gingerofthenight

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3t05omat said:
If there is an infection going on w/ the eyes you can use some raw unpasteurized honey for him - you can mix a little warm water to make a little consistency and use a Q tip to apply -- rinse his eyes w/ saline first --- manuka honey works good but any raw unpasteurized honey will work as well I need Tracie or AHBD to look at this post again I have flagged it to them
Karrie
Will putting raw honey in his eyes really be ok? He's on an antibiotic now too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom