What does this mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinFam01

Juvie Member
She was sitting like this for a bit and I thought it was a little odd so I snapped a pic
108070-6171353049.jpg
Then a short bit later she was exaggerating the pose more
108070-915369997.jpg

??‍♀️

I figure it might have to do with her new uvb tube (7 in from her) which is currently sitting in an open space I made by sliding the screen lid because I tried for about 2 hrs this morning to attach it to the inside of the screen but was unsuccessful. So it will sit like this for now until my husband gets home and can hopefully find some picture hanging wire he thinks he has.

Just FYI - I tried fishing line and zip ties and even tried rigging some paper clips strung together. The shoelaces we have will not fit through the screen holes, and the light/fixture gets hotter than I anticipated, so the only thing I think I will be comfortable using that I can think of is wire.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
looks like shes absorbing the UVB rays --- if you have some stainless steel wire that is thin and bendable you can use that too - that is what I use for my UVB's but my husband got it and I dont know where he got it from other than work and I dont know what they use it for at work but I can find out-
Karrie

Draven88

Hatchling Member
What I like to use is a braided steal rope as it is very strong in a small size. You just need a nice way to secure it with crimps on the wire (example for both linked below). I have UVB fixtures that also have LEDs for more natural light that are just over twice the weight of a standard UVB only fixture and it holds them with ease.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...MERCH=REC-_-searchViewed-_-NA-_-203958867-_-N

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...MERCH=REC-_-searchViewed-_-NA-_-205887928-_-N

I would actually say its much stronger than needed but it works really well.

WinFam01

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I forgot to update! We actually ended up using.............paper clips, lol. I realized we could snap the little metal clamp/hanging things onto the fixture and it would be easier...but it still was more complicated than I realized it would be!

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
looks like something is wrong with her belly its prtoduing and really droopy nothing like ive seen and ive seen large marge... lets see what others say if they skipped over that belly

Draven88

Hatchling Member
Wickedpogana":yjq7hsnp said:
looks like something is wrong with her belly its prtoduing and really droopy nothing like ive seen and ive seen large marge... lets see what others say if they skipped over that belly

Of my 6 beardies I see this with the belly in 1 of them. Its something that tends to happen after eating, but only ŕeally shows when they climb up on something that is more vertical. Once mine comes down or moves to a horizontal position you wouldnt notice anything odd.

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Draven88":2iwbhtgk said:
Wickedpogana":2iwbhtgk said:

Of my 6 beardies I see this with the belly in 1 of them. Its something that tends to happen after eating, but only ŕeally shows when they climb up on something that is more vertical. Once mine comes down or moves to a horizontal position you wouldnt notice anything odd.
okay i had no idea and knew someone else would thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom