Open wound (saw her vet) *new development!!!**

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
44170-2701364672.jpg

I think it’s looking good? She’s coming to work with me tomorrow to see her normal vet for a recheck if her vet has time. If not she just gets to chill.

She started eating greens from a bowl again too!! So that’s exciting.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes that's looking better so good to hear ! She is a wee bit on the thin side so you might increase her protein intake a little , it is good that she's eating greens though for sure. :)

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2op1ge2x said:
Yes that's looking better so good to hear ! She is a wee bit on the thin side so you might increase her protein intake a little , it is good that she's eating greens though for sure. :)

Yeah she’s always been skinny ? she looks a lot better weight wise than before. She’s getting what ever she wants to eat bug wise once a week, salads daily with different bugs in it. I don’t know how else to get her to put on more weight. She’s only 15 inches and not even 250 grams. She was 150grams when I got her.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
AHBD":fr9hhw22 said:
Oh if her weight is trending upwards that's good ! You're taking good care of her. :)

Ever so slowly. I can’t seem to get her to jump above 250grams. Maybe some day. Last year she’d eat everything in site. Not so much this year. She’s being finicky with her greens, but will eat until she’s almost sick bug wise. But blood work, X-ray and fecal all normal
44170-3572146758.jpg

She’s about to shed her legs ? she’s got a nice big belly after yesterday’s feast

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She got lots of cuddles today. Our exotic tech took her out and wandered around for a bit with Ziva asleep on her shoulder. ?

Her vet agrees the wound looks fantastic. She’s also got no clue what caused it and really doesn’t thing a super worm did this much damage.

Zivas greens are also growing like crazy! I can’t wait to see if she likes them.

Poor baby’s knee started shedding at work so she’s a bit moody.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
44170-1223910242.jpg

It looks like it’s healing well... it’s uh, got this weird patch around it. She is currently having a full body shed, so I’m hoping the discoloration is just a weird shed spot. It doesn’t smell bad; isn’t any more squishy that the rest of her body in that area and isn’t leaking anything.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes they can have an odd looking shed at the site of a wound but keep an eye on it anyway. And yes a superworm could bite , most of the time it wouldnt do that much damage but it could have been a small thing that got slightly infected.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
AHBD":lbd8rzje said:
Yes they can have an odd looking shed at the site of a wound but keep an eye on it anyway. And yes a superworm could bite , most of the time it wouldnt do that much damage but it could have been a small thing that got slightly infected.

The weird thing is when I woke up it that morning and fed her greens it wasn’t there, got home 12hrs later and it was there. Can infections happen that fast?? Poor girl

I have been cleaning it twice a day with Chlorhexidine then applying the Silver sulfadiazine.

Good news is she’s loving the sprouts I planted for her. She’s back to trying to eat greens faster than I can grow them!

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
44170-8776100296.jpg
I was carefully using a tooth brush And some chlorahexidine to clean off the old SSD from the am last night to apply a new layer, and surprise! Her shed came off along with the old scab! I’d say it healed up well.

44170-6241462454.jpg
She says thank you for everyone’s help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom