Should I replace the screen on thrive tank???

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachel88

So, I just got a new thrive tank about a week and a half ago. My baby beardie was of course hesitant about all the new things at first but seemed to warm up to it fairly quickly. But he has been less active the past 3-4 days and isn’t eating as much as normal. My concern is that the screen has those plastic crossbars on top... I use a t5 light but it doesn’t sit totally flat on the screen now. Could that be a problem?? Should I replace the screen or go with a t8 inside???? My only concern with mounting one inside is that my boy is a CLIMBER!!! HELP!!!! ???

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You need your basking decor 8-10 inches directly underneath- the plastic shouldn't be a issue if most of the bulb is exposed- he's gonna go thru relocation stress so he's eating will be off-- he should not quit eating all together-- what are his basking temps and how are you taking them? No stickons they only give ambient temps- you need a digital probe thermometer-- they should be 105-110
Karrie

rachel88

Original Poster
Basking temp stays around 105 with probe thermometer. He’s still eating just not as much as before..

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so he should be fine its gonna take him a while to adjust and settle in -- just keep feeding him his salads and bugs dusted w/ calcium D3 and vitamins --correct basking temps and good UVB will keep him healthy --
Karrie

WinFam01

Juvie Member
I have a Thrive tank and was concerned about how thick the metal is on the "screen", so I asked a bunch of questions and came to the probability that it likely does block more than those mesh type screens.
Click my username and look for my post if you'd like, it may be helpful.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
How thick is the screen?? If its too thick you might consider getting it into the tank instead of buying a whole new screen --- it is up to you--- you can hang it inside w/ a distance of 12-15 inches from decor and use these for hanging w/ 3 Mcommand Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire –long plastic zip ties-fishing line -- shoe laces -- potted plant wire hangers
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom