New Beardie Owner and Need Help!* Added Pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsdevildog2003

Original Poster
I figured the upload part-

Brandon- I got a digital thermometer and it looks like the temp is just over 90 in his favorite basking spot without the lid ... but drops to around 87 with the screen lid on. I have to have the lid on due to other animals . So would I need to get the light set up Karrie mentioned above ? Btw, how do I upload pics from my phone ? I was on a computer earlier and it was much easier .

mrsdevildog2003

Original Poster
Brandon-I went and got a digital thermometer .

Here is what the temp is with the lid -
106281-4352069488.jpg

Here is temp without the lid -
106281-5747549883.jpg

I must have a lid due to other animals in the house . What would you suggest ? Switching to Karri’s setup?

This is my current set up-
106281-2994346912.jpg

Isn’t he cute? He just ate 5 crickets for me :)
106281-7302135117.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You have cats? Your gonna need to either keep lid off or get a higher wattage bulb--- what are you using now for basking wattage? You can raise decor to get temp up it's a matter of monkeying around -
Karrie

mrsdevildog2003

Original Poster
Oh yes.. we have cats that are VERY interested in my daughter’s new pet ! The tree he likes to get on is almost as tall as the tank so I cannot raise it any higher : I believe we have 60 watt bulbs ... I’m intrigued on the one you showed but nervous about it going in the tank like I have read many suggests if you have to keep a lid ... and if it goes inside , does that mean smaller / shorter light ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Let me ask this---- are you replacing the UVB? With a Tube fixture? If you are going to - take that fixture your getting and place width wise and the basking bulb dome w/ clamp and set it up the way I had my 20 gallon - all on the one end--- take the screen and set it over the rest of the tank that is exposed- I would suggest you take the tank move it to a dresser / stand w/ nothing around it for the cats to jump up on to get to it or---------------------- put the tank in your daughters room and keep the cats out!!! Your basking bulb I would try a 75 watt Intense basking light from Exo Terra -- that should get your temps to 105-110--- just make sure your getting a accurate temp of which the probe you got is good - I have 2 of them on my cool side of tank --
Karrie

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
KarrieRee":2mtq2a1a said:
Your humidity is good --- when it gets over 70% then you need to be concerned--- here is a pic of my two Hiccup is 19 months and Blaze is around 11 weeks old--- each have their own set ups-
97951-2006586134.jpg
Hiccup
97951-8330922839.jpg
Blaze
97951-7863920475.jpg
Blazes tank
Karrie

Blaze looks like an Instagram model :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom