Khaleesi

Status
Not open for further replies.

mocamacho

I picked up Khaleesi yesterday and already love her. She is about 9-12 months ( I haven't measured her yet, but that's what the reptile store said). She is a bit squirmish and scared. Is that normal?
I am fairly new to bearded dragons, so I may ask a lot of questions on here lol.
108501-6570520312.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum- yes she will go thru relocation stress- can you go over your lighting you have specifically the UVB brand and bulb coil or tube? Basking temps and how your taking them ? No stickons! She will slow down in the eating but she should not completely quit eating-- what are you feeding her?
Karrie

mocamacho

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2ks9xwbh said:
Welcome to the forum- yes she will go thru relocation stress- can you go over your lighting you have specifically the UVB brand and bulb coil or tube? Basking temps and how your taking them ? No stickons! She will slow down in the eating but she should not completely quit eating-- what are you feeding her?
Karrie

She is in a plywood enclosure with a 10.0 reptisun UVB tube. She also has a 75W basking bulb. Her basking side is about 105 F and her cool side is around 85 F. Temperature is taken with a zoomed digital thermometer on the hot side, as well as an additional digital hygrometer thermometer. The cool side has a digital hygrometer thermometer.
She is being fed dandelions and collard greens in the morning and about 7 dubias in the afternoon. She is not eating much of her veggies right now. I bought her from a Reptile store and they said she was a really good eater, so I hope she starts soon. Is it normal for a 9-12 month old to be scared of handling?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Depends on how often she was handled when younger- is she stopping at 7 dubias? How big are the bugs? I will post some websites for worms etc it will be good to add to her diet-- she needs to get used to her surroundings and learn to trust you-- work w/ her hand feed her greens fruit or worms work good-- it will take some time but the more you work w/ her the better- you can take a piece of clothing or soft blanket and put in her hide to get her used to your smell-
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Here are some websites you can get some worms from
BSFL a great staple feeder to add to the salads great for luring to the bowl you will need a glass or ceramic bowl www.symptonbsf.com also known as nutri grubs cacli worms or phoenix worms order large feed as many as you want do not dust them
www.dubiaroaches.com great worms from them and roaches - horn worms and butter worms of which everyone is out of the butter worms now the horn worms are a great hydrating worm they grow real fast so order small amounts of those I would use 1-2 on top of the salads
www.reptilesplus.com affliated w/ dubia roaches I beleive - they carry small super worms as well good for little dragons- can be added to tops of salad only use 1-3 --
www.artilianarts.com good for silk worms another staple feeder if you order in bulk 50 they come small make sure you get food too - you will need to feed and clean containers out daily
www.coastilsilkworms.com another good place to get silks from
Start w/ your salad in the morning let them eat from the bowl for say an hr or so then take a little salad out fo the bowl add your staple insect if using crickets disable them by pulling a leg or two off
Happy Shopping
Karrie

mocamacho

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2z5c45qu said:
Here are some websites you can get some worms from
BSFL a great staple feeder to add to the salads great for luring to the bowl you will need a glass or ceramic bowl http://www.symptonbsf.com also known as nutri grubs cacli worms or phoenix worms order large feed as many as you want do not dust them
http://www.dubiaroaches.com great worms from them and roaches - horn worms and butter worms of which everyone is out of the butter worms now the horn worms are a great hydrating worm they grow real fast so order small amounts of those I would use 1-2 on top of the salads
http://www.reptilesplus.com affliated w/ dubia roaches I beleive - they carry small super worms as well good for little dragons- can be added to tops of salad only use 1-3 --
http://www.artilianarts.com good for silk worms another staple feeder if you order in bulk 50 they come small make sure you get food too - you will need to feed and clean containers out daily
http://www.coastilsilkworms.com another good place to get silks from
Start w/ your salad in the morning let them eat from the bowl for say an hr or so then take a little salad out fo the bowl add your staple insect if using crickets disable them by pulling a leg or two off
Happy Shopping
Karrie

Thank you!
Is it normal for her to not want to eat her greens? She has no problem eating the bugs, but she isn't really interested in the greens. She ate her greens at the reptile store she was at.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes so try some of the tips I posted- she is getting you wrapped around her nail- :). Keep feeding salads-- you want her eating some-- she may not of been getting to the insects at the petstore thus she was hungry and ate the salads
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom