First dragon, first worry

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Never heard of that brand --- but it is a 12% so -- did you get a fixture for it -- ? If you did that is really good cuz that will intensify the UVB rays and it will direct the rays downward toward him -- w/ no fixture it wont do that and then the bulb would need to sit directly over him approx 4-6 inches w/ it doing any good -- I am thinking its a T5 so you would need to change it out in a year but I would change it out about a month before -- I know Arcadias make a Desert Pro but it would say Arcadia --Make sure your basking decor is 8-10 inches if your putting it on top of the tank -- if its going inside the tank 12-15 inches from decor piece --- hopefully this is gonna clear up the diarrhea
Karrie

Hoffingtons

Original Poster
Unfortunately there was no reflecters in store due to covid, I'll have to fabricate one myself maybe. He's had his morning poop after his breakfast (Eating pak choi and spring greens) everything seems normal with it to my relief. He's got some treats coming today, a dried flower mix and a new Hammock he can chill in, thanks for all your help ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You need to get a fixture w/ a reflector - I would look on Amazon I know Arcadia sells reflectors but they are in the states - here is the website you can go look http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/miscellaneous-accessories/arcadia-flourescent-lamp-reflectors-new-hot/
in the mean time you can make one out of tin foil -- shiny side out wrap it around the back of the fixture inside so its shaped like the back of the fixture and tape it in there - you want the light to be shining off of it so its shining on him -- the fixture should be above him not beside him you dont want the rays shining in his eyes - it could cause eye issues -- 12-15 inches above him
Karrie

DiggyKylie2020

I have a beared dragon named diggy and shes my first reptile and someone bought me a kit for her tank (I have had her for a year and 2 months and have been to scared to do anything to her tank other then a log some rocks and a little hut for her to sleep in)
The kit had some grass moss and rocks and some spongy tumble weed looking thing
While I was looking at the TV I heard her chewing and noticed she was eating the moss I looked up if it was ok for her to eat but got a lot of different answers I was hoping one of you guys could help

DiggyKylie2020

DiggyKylie2020":1hoxe3xv said:
I have a beared dragon named diggy and shes my first reptile and someone bought me a kit for her tank (I have had her for a year and 2 months and have been to scared to do anything to her tank other then a log some rocks and a little hut for her to sleep in)
The kit had some grass moss and rocks and some spongy tumble weed looking thing
While I was looking at the TV I heard her chewing and noticed she was eating the moss I looked up if it was ok for her to eat but got a lot of different answers I was hoping one of you guys could help

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have no idea but I would take it out-- some others on here can answer that question
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom