baby bearded dragon no longer eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading some posts and I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes. Bearded dragons do not require alot of water. As long as you do his soaks 2-3x a week for 15 mins he will take in water through the vent. You can mist him with a spray bottle a few times a day and with what he will get from his food he will be perfect. Not every beardie is the same don't forget that. Neither of my dragons are bothered by shedding. You can get that shed wash which is awesome and does help it along for the beardies that really get a little grumpy during that time. The only way to really get a ton of knowledge is to do alot of research. There some great people on here been on here helping for 20 plus years. If I was you the only other thing I'd put inside right now is a hammock they LOVE THOSE! You just spray a little water on the plastic amd suction to a corner of the tank. Ill bet he will use that more than anything if you put it in corner under light. Once you get your other light you will figure out which bulbs work best to provide the steady temp. Let your baby know he's welcome if you decide on the hammock ?

goodefamily

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the suggestions - I made them and our little guy is doing great - eating tons and growing so fast!
A couple of questions if anyone has any advice:
1- when do most baby beardies start eating greens, etc? Our little guy won't touch anything other than crickets and worms so far. We offer him greens and bearded dragon food and occasional fruit, but he doesn't touch any of it yet. I estimate that he is about 4 months old right now (he's about 9 inches long).
2 - does anyone have recommendations for companies to ship crickets? I've had terrible luck the past 2 shipments from Flukers - crickets all half the size of what I ordered and 2/3 of them dead - twice in a row now; I had good luck with LLL Reptile once, then a bad shipment a couple of weeks ago - small and mostly dead - waiting for another shipment to arrive this week - hoping it's like the first - any other places others have had better success with?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
goodefamily":1qpnpr24 said:
Thanks everyone for the suggestions - I made them and our little guy is doing great - eating tons and growing so fast!
A couple of questions if anyone has any advice:
1- when do most baby beardies start eating greens, etc? Our little guy won't touch anything other than crickets and worms so far. We offer him greens and bearded dragon food and occasional fruit, but he doesn't touch any of it yet. I estimate that he is about 4 months old right now (he's about 9 inches long). He needs to start eating them now --- what worm are you feeding he needs those be used a lure to the salad bowl --- feed salad first thing in the morning - add your worms to the salad and let him see you do this so you will need a glass or ceramic bowl they cant get out of --- you can use small super worms butter worms silk worms and horn worms -- I would switch to dubia roaches they last longer and they dont stink -- easy to take care of get a 10 gallon aquarium feed them dubia food or dragon food your giving like squash and carrots for hydration - I would add 1-3 medium super worms 1 horn worm and silk worms like 2 they are also a staple feeder -- order some BSFL also know as nutri grubs calci worms and phoenix worms -order large and do not dust they are another great staple feeder and will compliment the other staple your feeding --- you can get all these from here http://www.dubiaroaches.com except the silk you can can small ones from here http://www.reptilianarts.com if you order like 50 get food they will need to be fed and containers cleaned daily--- or you can get from here http://www.coastilsilkworms.com they come w/ a little food but you will need more and they are small too - --- these worms will lure him to the salad bowl -- here is a website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
2 - does anyone have recommendations for companies to ship crickets? I've had terrible luck the past 2 shipments from Flukers - crickets all half the size of what I ordered and 2/3 of them dead - twice in a row now; I had good luck with LLL Reptile once, then a bad shipment a couple of weeks ago - small and mostly dead - waiting for another shipment to arrive this week - hoping it's like the first - any other places others have had better success with?
I have never ordered crickets on line I have always used dubia roaches -- better nutritional value among other things
Happy Shopping

Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom