Baby Bearded Dragon Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Take them and put them in her salad dish - disable them by taking a leg or two off -- see if that will get her to eat them again
Karrie

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I’m going to first thing tomorrow. But it seems she’s terrified even if it’s not moving. Hopefully she will forget the ordeal and eat again. But While I’m at it I’m also thinking about using tile cause right now I’m having to resort to napkins.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You can use textured NON adhesive shelf liner as well -- cut it to tank size -- you can get it at the same place as the tile - have you tried BSFL? If she wont go back to eating crickets you can order those from here www.symtonbsf.com or you can use silk worms and you can get those from here www.reptilianarts.com or here www.coastilsilkworms.com if you order in bulk make sure you get food reptilian arts sends small ones so they will grow you will need to feed and clean containers out daily- silk worms are a staple feeder -- I feed my 2 dragons silk worms and dubia roaches -- besides their salads and worms -- variety and good diet
Karrie

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I messed up on my dubia roach order and got them too big and I was wondering if I can cut them in half and does each half count as 1 roach

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
How many did you order? They will keep for a long time --- just keep them fed-- either dragon food like fruit as well along w/ squash / carrots for hydration - I have dubia food for mine and feed carrots / squash for hydration -- and some I have had for a realllllllllllllllll long time -- if you got a good quantity put them in a 10 gallon tank and just let them sit there --- your dragon is going to grow into them --- what size did your order?
Karrie

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sorry I haven't posted in a while but my little booger has gotten bigger since I last posted pic and I will post some pics sometime tomorrow but I was going to order some dubia roaches and was wondering what would be good for another staple feeder.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Staple feeders
http://www.symptonsbsf.com BSFL order large they are small do not dust
http://www.reptilianarts.com nice silk worms if ordering in bulk like 50 make sure you get food as you will need to feed them and clean containers out daily
http://www.coastilsilkworms.com
http://www.mulberryfarms.com spendy on shipping
www.dubiaroaches.com they have some good worms as well as the roaches --- horn worms order small amounts they grow fast and they are a good hydrating worm -- super worms -- butter worms when in stock -- wax worms but feed sparingly as they are real fatty
Karrie

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I think I’ll order blsf thank you but how many do they eat and do I feed them at same time as crickets and/or roaches.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes feed as many as you want --- do not dust them --- they are a good compliment to the roaches and crickets-- it is good to feed a little at a time sometimes the dragons eat them so fast they dont get them chewed up and then they come out undigested
Karrie

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
And here is a picture of my growing buddy. As you can see he has gotten a bit bigger since his last picture. And he has moved to large crickets.
87331-5065958817.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Nice coloring --- I would get him over on roaches -- they are better staple feeder and easier to keep than crickets - plus they dont stink or chirp and they live longer--- you can keep them in a 10 gallon aquarium ot plastic tote feed dubia food and carrots for hydration or squash - just dont feed your dragon carrots too to much Vit A
Karrie

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks and he also eats roaches as well just didn’t have money for more till now. And I feed them potatoes. By the way what do I feed bsfl And since they are full of calcium do I still dust the other insects On the days I feed them and do I feed them 3 x a day as well.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
How old is your guy? If hes around 6 months old maybe 2 times per day - I would be feeding salads w/ some worms in the salad like 1-3 supers maybe 1-2 horn worms - add a silk or two they are a good staple feeder as well - that will balance out his diet along w/ those BSFL in the salad too - then after a hr or so add your dubias to the salad take a little out but leave some in there so hes getting salad too - add like 5-8 roaches -- see how many he eats - he may not eat all of them from eating the other stuff- then offer some dubias in the afternoon -- you can dust the dubias or you can dust the silk worms - the BSFL dont need to be fed - just keep the dirt a little moist if it starts to dry out - I never had to feed them cuz they were usually all eaten up by the time the dirt was drying out- keep them on your kitchen counter-- offering a variety of insects and worms is good and greens/ salads - plus it will balance out his diet-
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom