Foster Dragon (Now a Foster fail)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
44170-713309586.jpg
She let me get photos of the tip of her tail. You can see the small indent that is causing shed issues. Thankfully I was able to get it off with out to much fuss.

She’s currently having out of the cage time, I’m not going to eat you, please stop trying to attack me, we are bonding slowly time. ?

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Shedding could be the reason for the bad mood. Some of them get grumpy when they shed and some don't. We're lucky that it doesn't seem to bother our beardie too much. They probably get used to it when they get older.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":2g1imlj3 said:
Shedding could be the reason for the bad mood. Some of them get grumpy when they shed and some don't. We're lucky that it doesn't seem to bother our beardie too much. They probably get used to it when they get older.

She was grumpy before shedding it just got worse with her peeling. Haha. She was a lot less defensive today. She’s slowly learning I’m not going to eat her.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
It may just take more time and patience to tame her. Someone once said that your hand looks like a 5-headed monster to a little beardie. But they all have their own individual personalities and some are just naturally more feisty than others.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
WinFam01":35b1w5ic said:
I bet that she is going to end up being the sweetest most cuddly thing when she's grown.

Gosh I sure hope so! Last thing I need is her trying to eat me. Ziva already does that when she’s hungry because her vision isn’t the best. She’s cracked my nail before ?and this baby SHOULD be bigger than Ziva since she’s getting proper care and diet. (Ziva barley pushes 250 grams on a good day)

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
WinFam01":153vo252 said:
Or, she could be like my middle DD and be a pistol, even though she 'should' have outgrown it, lol.

Well considering the last few mornings I can pet her head with out her puffing up or hissing I’m going to take that as a good sign.

Man I had the worst nightmare about her last night. I had a dream the tip of her tail came off, but I wasn’t fully healed under and the bone was exposed, so I was applying SSD while trying to take her into work to get a stitch or two in her tail, and I ended up almost getting squished by a big rig and driving up a hill and crashing. Then I woke up to my alarm.

I think that tops the night before dream where someone found out I took in rescue dragons and slipped another unhealthy baby into Spitfires cage, and then someone else did that, and then another person, the someone else tossed a whole clutch in there, so when I went to open her cage babies just came spilling out and I was panicking because I don’t know how I was gonna house them all and I was removing them by the handfuls trying to find spitfire.

Man, I think I need a vacation for life. These dreams are getting crazy!!!

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
It's a good thing your alarm woke you up when it did. :lol:

Wow. Ziva is small for an adult.

The only time our beardie ever bit me was when I was trying to feed him "worms" made out of Repashy Grub Pie, which he's crazy about. The juice was all over my hand and he got my finger mixed up with the food. All I had was teeth marks on my finger for a little while -- didn't break the skin and didn't even hurt that much, so I came to the conclusion that bearded dragon bites are no big deal. I'm surprised that Ziva could crack a nail, :shock: especially since she's so little.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":uomvywbo said:
It's a good thing your alarm woke you up when it did. :lol:

Wow. Ziva is small for an adult.

The only time our beardie ever bit me was when I was trying to feed him "worms" made out of Repashy Grub Pie, which he's crazy about. The juice was all over my hand and he got my finger mixed up with the food. All I had was teeth marks on my finger for a little while -- didn't break the skin and didn't even hurt that much, so I came to the conclusion that bearded dragon bites are no big deal. I'm surprised that Ziva could crack a nail, :shock: especially since she's so little.

She doesn’t let go, that’s the thing. She keeps biting and chomping until I can pry my finger out of her mouth.

Yeah she’s really really small, when I take her out people are like you know they get bigger, and I’m like yeah no, not her, and then they try to lecture me on what I must be doing wrong since she’s so small, and I have to be like hold up, she’s a rescue, unknown history, I’m a vet tech, who works with an exotic tech, I’m well aware they get bigger, but she’s done. It gets tiresome sometimes.

She measures head to tail 15 inches and weighs in today at 245.5 grams.

Sad thing is she’s gained a lot of weight since I got her. Almost 100grama

WinFam01

Juvie Member
Yes, good sign!

So a while back I had a dream about my husband cleaning the toilet and how excited I got...I think it's the quarantine stuff. ?

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
44170-5745518114.jpg

She really hates bonding time some nights!!! I feel bad, she didn’t get out of the cage time the other day since Ziva decided to some how to and get an open wound on her and I spent the evening caring for her after a 10hr shift at work.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":2arykrbg said:
She definitely does not look happy. :(

I hope Ziva will be ok.

She’s got her own thread with photos. It looks like it’s healing.

My new order of bugs showed up several days early and the baby is very happy.

I forgot the bsl change into fly’s after a while.... opened my container with out checking... holly crap did I get a start. I managed to get them all into the baby’s cage and to my surprise she caught and ate them all. ?

I’ll remember to check my container from now own. The cause my fear of wasp to act up despite knowing they won’t hurt me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom