glass surfing

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey everyone! so i have a baby beardie who WOULD NOT stop glass surfing. He’s about 3 months old. The warm side of his tank is 90 degrees and the basking spot is 105. The cool side stays around 85. I have a 10.0 T8 reptisun UVB tube and his lights are on a 12 hour on 12 off schedule. He gets fed medium sized phoenix worms 3 times a day along with a mix of dandelion and collard greens and occasionally ill mix in some red bell pepper cause he seems to really like it. he poops regularly; soft white urates with soft stools usually twice a day. he has two trees in his tank that he can climb on; one on the warm spot under his basking light and one on the cooler side. He had a small rock to hide in and a fake plant behind it but he only hid inside of it one time. I have him in a 40 gallon tank with a desert background on three sides instead of one. i thought this would make the glass surfing stop incase he was seeing his reflection but it hasn’t. i put a bigger rock cave in there for him to find and hide in incase he was stressed because he didn’t know where to hide from the heat/hide from plain sight since he never went in the smaller one. however, since i put the new cave in, he’s had stress marks all over and waved a couple times at it. Should i take it out and put back the old one or just let him get used to this one being in there? i just really wanted him to be able to find a place to hide since i can’t find any other reason for him to be glass surfing but it is very frequent. if anyone has advice i’d appreciate it immensely!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom