Stuffed Animal

Have any questions about one of the many subtle behaviors a beardie has? Ask and discuss it here!

Stuffed Animal

Postby Grace28933 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:23 pm

Hi! I am new to this page and I am a new Beardie mom! I have always wanted one, and a family friend was looking for a new home for his! I have had him almost 2 weeks now! His name is Roku :)
Anyway, I read online that sometimes beardies like to have a stuffed animal to cuddle with in their enclosure. I got a small black mythical dragon stuffed animal a few days ago and put it in Roku's tank. Today, I saw him biting the arm of the dragon and dragging it around and then doing a few body twists (it reminded me of what gators do when they are trying to drown pray...). Is this okay? Is he just playing or is he angered/threatened/irritated with the toy? If so, I want to take it out! (Though he wasn't puffed up much...again I am very new to owning a beardie so maybe he was...)
Grace28933
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Stuffed Animal

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:22 am

I have a stuffed chameleon in Blazes tank and he doesnt even notice it - I have seen him sit on it once- not sure about the behavior yours is doing -- if hes eating it I would take it out
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

Re: Stuffed Animal

Postby WinFam01 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:36 am

I'm new as well, but I have lots of experience with dogs. I wonder if he is possibly trying to mate with it?
---
Tish

3 human kids, 1 furkid, and 1 repchild - Bored at home, nah!
WinFam01
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Behavior