My beardie hasn't eaten in a day, starting to worry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandasan

Hello everybody! My beardie Rupert is about 4 months and as of yesterday afternoon and this morning he hasn't eaten at all, he usually really excited about feeding time. I am feeding him small dubia roaches, and his cool side temp is 82 and basking side at 103 degrees F. He pooped this morning and it was solid a little thinner than usual but what was weird that I haven't seen before it had a film layer that I can describe like webbing along the feces. I'm not sure if this is normal or should I see a vet? Any help is appreciated!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That does not look normal---- what are you using for a UVB? coil or tube and where in the tank is it?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so distance is good and there is NO cover over the bulb meaning the bulb is exposed-- how old is the bulb? How are you taking the basking temps? NO stick ons they are inaccurate-- I want to rule out lighting first as a cause-- what about substrate? Any sand? Reason I ask it harbors bacteria so want to rule that out as well -- are you feeding any salads? He needs salads too not just protein - how is he getting water - I see no white urate -- he needs water -- either by dripping on his nose or a bath if he will drink from a bath or syringe --- salads are going to contain moisture and most will get hydration from that -- you can rinse the greens before serving
Karrie

Pandasan

Original Poster
We used the brown carpet for substrate, the uvb is not even a month old it has like white small white shielding around it I can take a picture of it if you would like. We give him mustard and collard greens. He drinks water from a syringe, the urante is hard to see in the picture but it's on the bottom right side of the feces.

Pandasan

Original Poster
We used to have stick one but then I got a zoo med pointer temp reader that we use and take temperatures where the basking spots are.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok the fixture has a reflector - ? that would look like a shiny backing behind the bulb - the plastic cover is clear and would of been over the bulb so you would haft to take it off to change the bulb out you want that off -----------
Karrie

WinFam01

Juvie Member
So I'm new, so keep that in mind, but I have actually seen that from ours before and attributed it to what she was eating.

A thought - is he getting ready to shed?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That would be cause of lack of appetite
Just keep feeding him
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom