Stuffed Animal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I am new to this page and I am a new Beardie mom! I have always wanted one, and a family friend was looking for a new home for his! I have had him almost 2 weeks now! His name is Roku :)
Anyway, I read online that sometimes beardies like to have a stuffed animal to cuddle with in their enclosure. I got a small black mythical dragon stuffed animal a few days ago and put it in Roku's tank. Today, I saw him biting the arm of the dragon and dragging it around and then doing a few body twists (it reminded me of what gators do when they are trying to drown pray...). Is this okay? Is he just playing or is he angered/threatened/irritated with the toy? If so, I want to take it out! (Though he wasn't puffed up much...again I am very new to owning a beardie so maybe he was...)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a stuffed chameleon in Blazes tank and he doesnt even notice it - I have seen him sit on it once- not sure about the behavior yours is doing -- if hes eating it I would take it out
Karrie

WinFam01

Juvie Member
I'm new as well, but I have lots of experience with dogs. I wonder if he is possibly trying to mate with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom