55 gallon enclosure question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardiePhoenix

I have my 5 month old beardie in a 55 gallon tank and want to be sure I have the right set up as this is my first dragon. Right now, I have the 24 inch t5 10.0 fixture on one the left side and a duel hanging fixture on the right side with basking light and compact 10 uvb bulb. Also a CHE on the right side. Is this too much uvb or not enough? Please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Get rid of the compact bulb -- you dont want it and those are not ideal --- your T 5 is great- is it on top of the tank or inside the tank? If its on top the distance for the decor piece directly under it should be 8-10 inches --- if you have it inside the tank 12-15 inches --- the CHE you only need if your tank is falling below 65 at nite --- your basking bulb should be keeping temps 105-110 -- its good to offer a temp gradient so he can pick a spot and temp of where he wants to bask ---temps should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- NO stick ons they are inaccurate for basking temps--- a piece of decor that offers different places to sit stand or lay on -- Petsmart sells great pieces like that --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom