55 gallon enclosure question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardiePhoenix

I have my 5 month old beardie in a 55 gallon tank and want to be sure I have the right set up as this is my first dragon. Right now, I have the 24 inch t5 10.0 fixture on one the left side and a duel hanging fixture on the right side with basking light and compact 10 uvb bulb. Also a CHE on the right side. Is this too much uvb or not enough? Please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Get rid of the compact bulb -- you dont want it and those are not ideal --- your T 5 is great- is it on top of the tank or inside the tank? If its on top the distance for the decor piece directly under it should be 8-10 inches --- if you have it inside the tank 12-15 inches --- the CHE you only need if your tank is falling below 65 at nite --- your basking bulb should be keeping temps 105-110 -- its good to offer a temp gradient so he can pick a spot and temp of where he wants to bask ---temps should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- NO stick ons they are inaccurate for basking temps--- a piece of decor that offers different places to sit stand or lay on -- Petsmart sells great pieces like that --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom