High humidity at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
During the day, my humidity stays at about 35%-40% at all times. At night, however, the humidity rises up to about 55-60%, which really worries me. I don’t have a water bowl or any other source of moisture in the viv or even in the room. Is it possible for my beardie to get a respiratory infection during this time? I have tried different dehumidifiers, but none seem to work. It is rainy right now (which might have something to do with it), so I can’t open windows. I do not have any heat source in his tank at night, as his viv stays at about 75-80 F.
He is currently in a 40 G viv (moving him to a 50 G soon), with a well ventilated top. Substrate used is vinyl tile. Heat: 100W bulb; basking temp is 105-108 F; cool side is about 80 degrees. UVB: 10.0 t5 tube
I really don’t know what could contribute to this. I understand that in their natural habitat, humidity rises quite a bit at night, but I wanted to make sure this wasn’t too much. Thank you very much for your help!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Your humidity is fine as long as it does not go up past 70% --- it will rise at nite that is common and if its raining that too will cause it to rise --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom