Black belly spots

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my bearded dragon Hatchlings has little black dots on the belly.

Any ideas what this could be? I originally thought stress Mark's but they're so light in the picture compared to the spots.

108484-9407574604.jpg

Thanks all

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there,aside from the normal little pattern it looks like the darker spots are probably poo or some food stains. Those should come off if you soak him for a few minutes in warm water or just wait until his next shed, which will be soon with a growing baby. :)

CakeDragon

Original Poster
Thank you!

My friend who is the owner is worried they might be burns or fungus. (I really didnt think so but wanted to ask to be sure)

Also, is it normal for some babies to grow quicker if the mama was egg bound? For 2 weeks to be exact.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If the mother laid her eggs then she wasn't really eggbound, even if it seemed she was taking long to lay the eggs it wouldn't have any effect on the babies growth. Was she taken to a vet that said she was eggbound ? The mother's genetics , health and how the hatchlings are cared for will dictate how they grow. How old + what size are they ?

CakeDragon

Original Poster
She was egg bound for 2 weeks and the vet had to induce labor with an oxytocin injection. She then played 22 eggs, 1 being infertile. 10 out of the 21 hatched.

Mom is 1 year and 3 months (vet estimation). All the babies are currently a month old and going through the first shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom