Need help QUICK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me2WeBN

My beardie name is Buster. First off, he’s almost 2 months and not growing like I thought. I have the vitamins and calcium. He eats cricket and nutri grubs as well. 2 days ago he started having problems w/ his eye. At first I thought it was nothing because when I tried to bother him it opened. However, now it looks like this.
108014-2082043081.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The UVB your using is it a coil or a tube? Substrate any sand or loose particles? Crickets are you leaving them in the tank ? Any of these could be the cause of the eye issue -- in the meantime you can try some raw unpasteurized honey on the eye - you can add a little water for consistency and apply w/ a q tip- if there is an infection going it will kill it - we need to find the cause for the issue so it quits re occurring
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok so the tube UVB where do you have it at? Sometimes if its on the back wall of the tank and shining in their eyes it can cause eye issues - we usually recommend it above them shining directly downward-- what about colored bulbs? any of those being used? Basking bulb is it a bright white bulb no off colored
Karrie

Me2WeBN

Original Poster
No colored bulbs. However, his UVB is inside w/ him due to advice I received, on here, stating it should be inside the tank.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so if its a T 8 it needs to be approx 8-10 inches from basking decor- if that is correct its not the UVB -- are you sure you got all the crickets out - they tend to hide and come out at nite and will bite your dragon -- other than that I cant think of anything else that would cause the eye issue - paper towels are not gonna cause eye problems-- other than colored bulbs or sometimes off white bulbs will cause it - along w/ coils -- are you using a coil bulb in the tank ?
Karrie

Me2WeBN

Original Poster
No coils.. and I found 2 dead crickets under his paper towels last week when cleaning. Would the time frame match?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
yep I would say so --- you need to keep track of the crickets your putting in the tank -- its probably a bite from one of them -- use the honey mixture I posted I would do 2 times per day and DONT LEAVE CRICKETS in the tank -- they will go straight to his eye after the honey
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom