how is my general care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i’m not exactly a beginner per se but i’ve only had my beardie for about 3 years and i’m always worrying i’m doing something wrong. so, his viv temperature is between 85-95°F and his basking spot temp is usually at around 95°F. he’s in a 50 gallon tank. i use reptile carpet as a substrate (trying to get tile soon but with the pandemic and all it’s hard). his staple veggies are carrots and kale but he also gets zucchini, cilantro, strawberries, lettuce (for hydration and it’s very occasionally). he has a heat bulb and a cylindrical tube thing for uvb, both are on top of the wire mesh thingy. his staple bugs are superworms and crickets but he gets the occasional waxwork or hornworm as a treat. feel free to ask any more questions and thanks in advance.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok good do you have it inside your tank? It needs to be and approx 8-10 inches from basking decor w/ NO cover over the bulb--- it needs to be exposed
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom