Coughing/making weird noises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max1367

Hey, today I’ve had a potential health problem with my beardie. Everything thing has been good recently but I caught a video of her doing this. It is very disturbing to watch and it seems like there something stuck in her throat . Please could someone tell me what this is potentially and should I bring her to a vet . Does anyone know how to upload the video? It says unsupported file type . Uploading on iPhone ,

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can record a video on youtube then post the link in your message box
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What have you fed her for insects? Have you tried looking down her throat to see if she has something in there? The bulb she is sitting under is her basking bulb?
Karrie

Max1367

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1v5fg50m said:
What have you fed her for insects? Have you tried looking down her throat to see if she has something in there? The bulb she is sitting under is her basking bulb?
Karrie
No I havnt , how am I supposed to open her mouth as look down her throat tho? And I fed her Dubai roaches, she hasn’t had one for a few days tho and it just started happening after she ate her collards

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am not sure ahbd or Tracie is gonna haft to help w/ that - I wonder if the roach was to big and it got caught in her throat- is she still doing it? I would get her into the vet- here is a website to find a vet www.arav.org
Karrie

Max1367

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3k8f8a9l said:
Karrie
It’s not as intense now, I do hear it time to time. I do not think it’s a respritory infection so that’s good. It’s possible that it was a big roach but the last insect she got was 4 days ago.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon this evening?
It sounds like she may have gotten something stuck in his throat. It should clear out but,
you can give some oral fluids to help her out. Sometimes, roach or cricket legs can get
caught in their throats. If the roach was particularly large that is probably the culprit.

Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom