Lost bearded dragon!!! found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victoriar2020

My brother decided to take my 3 month old beardie outside. He ended up losing him yesterday. We've been searching all day yesterday and even through the night. We checked under our shed which is where he's gone before but he wasn't there. We have checked in this area surrounded buy plants under a tree and it took a long time to clear but he wasn't even there. We told our neighbors so they are keeping an eye out but im so worried. My cat has tried to eat him before so we have been keeping her locked up but there are other cats its our neighborhood and birds. I have no idea how far he could have gone. I left food and water out last night night but it doesn't look like he's been to it. This morning I set up a headlamp outside to hopefully bring him back but what if he is lost? How would I bring him back? Is there anything I could use to attract him back? I'm so scared for him i spent most of yesterday crying. Would he cross a street? I have a park but its about 6 houses down, would he go that far?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My guess hes around your yard somewhere -- you need to start checking the sunny spots hes going to go where he can warm up-- 3 months old is too young to be taking out doors sorry to say -- unless hes sick and no UVB we recommend people take them out in a plastic tote for sun etc but when they are healthy and young no so much just because of what has happened -- I hope you find him --- we have had people even loose their older dragons --- keep an eye out on your sunny areas of your yard and being hes small he may be hard to spot
Karrie

Victoriar2020

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1eopgoss said:
My guess hes around your yard somewhere -- you need to start checking the sunny spots hes going to go where he can warm up-- 3 months old is too young to be taking out doors sorry to say -- unless hes sick and no UVB we recommend people take them out in a plastic tote for sun etc but when they are healthy and young no so much just because of what has happened -- I hope you find him --- we have had people even loose their older dragons --- keep an eye out on your sunny areas of your yard and being hes small he may be hard to spot
Karrie
I know i learned the hard way:( I really want him back though. We checked everywhere in our backyard. How far do you think he could have gone? Do you think he would have crossed the street?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I really dont know -- usually they dont go too far-- my guess hes around your yard somewhere or maybe next door- some others on here might have some ideas for you -- people have found them - one guy found his in his driveway sunning himself
Karrie

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
You did a good thing by setting up a heatlamp to try to create a good lure for him... I'd agree with Karrie, that he is probably still in the yard somewhere. Sending prayers to St. Francis that your baby finds his way back home!

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. In 2012 my husband forgot he had our beardie in the garage on a chair by the door. So he came in and I asked him where she is. Anyway we went out and she was gone as looked everywhere. A couple of days later we went out of town for a week. We looked when we arrived home. Still no sign. We decided a couple of days later she was probably not coming back so we went and bought another one. A couple of weeks later my husband was watching tv in the garage with the door open and he happened to see a movement on the driveway and there she was. Just sitting there and happy and bigger. So this was over a six week time frame. So don't give up! They are good at hiding and like to burrow. We often said i weaken we had a camera on her to see the adventures she had.?? :banghead:

Victoriar2020

Original Poster
destiny1998":2bnf4b8k said:
Hi. In 2012 my husband forgot he had our beardie in the garage on a chair by the door. So he came in and I asked him where she is. Anyway we went out and she was gone as looked everywhere. A couple of days later we went out of town for a week. We looked when we arrived home. Still no sign. We decided a couple of days later she was probably not coming back so we went and bought another one. A couple of weeks later my husband was watching tv in the garage with the door open and he happened to see a movement on the driveway and there she was. Just sitting there and happy and bigger. So this was over a six week time frame. So don't give up! They are good at hiding and like to burrow. We often said i weaken we had a camera on her to see the adventures she had.?? :banghead:
Thats amazing. I actually got lucky and found mine. He was hiding between 2 fences.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh so you found him? That is excellent news, I am so happy for you both. :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom