Can Bearded Dragons Get Separation Anxiety?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
Hi Everyone!

Drogon's been doing great :) Loved the dubias and supers, so thanks for the help on previous feeding topics. Although, now he's totally disinterested in BSFL XD :banghead:

Drogon's setup has been the same, clean and same temps, eating area, basking spot, etc. However, he constantly wants to come out!! I'll let him out for an hour and when he starts getting cold, I'll put him back in the tank. But then he gives me this longing look with a blackbeard like No, I want out!! He'll pretty much freak out if I'm not in the room or letting him out.

Is this separation anxiety? If not, how can I curb this behavior?

Selkie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Leave him out for 2 hrs --- let him run the room --LR etc---- that should get him tired - try that and see if that doesnt work --
Karrie

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
KarrieRee":2q96bluf said:
Leave him out for 2 hrs --- let him run the room --LR etc---- that should get him tired - try that and see if that doesnt work --
Karrie

Lol i've tried! All he wants to do is stare out the window. When he's really full of energy, I put him at the bottom of the stairs and let him climb/jump to tire out.

Can I leave him out longer even if he gets cold?

I would be sure to give lots of extra loves and attention during this time. When we had to move our cage for our guy he went from seeing us every day all day to only when we would go check on him or to get him out to spend time with him. At the start he would immediately climb up and cuddle into our neck and cuddle for long periods which was odd for him. Eventually he would get down and run around when he was ready. It took a bit but He eventually got back to his old self. I know the situation is different, but I think some extra loves couldn't hurt. I hope everything turns out alright and gets back to normal for ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom