Wont eat from food bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheresWaldo

I got my bearded dragon for a few days now. I didn't ask when his hatch date was (learned that recently), but I would assume maybe a month old. He will eat a few crickets a day only if they come very close to him or if I hand feed him. I tried to put some dried bugs and greens in a bowl but won't come near it (will eat if I hand feed), even the water bowl. To get him to drink I lightly mist him or place a few drops of water by syringe on his head. Any tips on how to have him be comfortable to eat from the bowl?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You need a glass or ceramic bowl - order some BSFL also known as nutri grubs phoenix worms or calci worms-- try and get some small super worms this site has both www.reptilesplus.com the BSFL and super worms will lure him to the bowl - here is a website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing it is a good staple feeder
feed your salad first thing in the morning adding the BSFL on top as many as you want they are a good staple feeder and you do not need to dust -- use 1-3 small super worms - make sure he sees you adding them to his bowl - it will get his attention -- I would switch him to dubia roaches they are easier to use and easier to take care of and a lot better nutrition wise you can get them from here along w/ some silk worms - another great staple feeder -- www.reptilianarts.com if ordering in bulk they come small and you will need to feed them so order food as well - clean their containers out daily - you can add them to the salad bowl too and I would use like 3- you can feed your dubias dubia food and carrots and squash for hydration -- they also like fruit- just dont feed your dragon carrots too to much Vit A -- let him eat from the bowl for like a hr or so and then take a little salad out and add the roaches to the bowl - this too will lure him to the bowl and get him to eat his salad - you want him eating some greens even if a little -- I would make him a nice salad of different things and offer it to him -- butter worms and horn worms are also good feeders - right now I have not been able to find butter worms and horn worms are a good hydrating worm and grow really fast so if you order them get small amounts - you can feed like 2 of those as well
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom